Cutting with a plotter

Guest djchuck760

I use 60 degree blades for ppf and 25 for tint. Check out the guys at clean cut blades. They are extremely helpful and their blades are the best. I'm still on my first blade for tint after a year! Also, get yourself a couple extra blade holders for each blade that way you don't have to keep adjusting your blade height every time.

Guest djchuck760

I use 60 degree blades for ppf and 25 for tint. Check out the guys at clean cut blades. They are extremely helpful and their blades are the best. I'm still on my first blade for tint after a year! Also, get yourself a couple extra blade holders for each blade that way you don't have to keep adjusting your blade height every time.

yup thats what i wanted to do get extra blade holders sinze i hate wasting film and adjusting it since i have the tint set up the way i want it which is perfect thanks bro :thumb ill check them out

Guest kccartint

You can use a 30 degree for both in a pinch if you run out of blades but like Ridler said, getting an extra holder makes things much easier.  I get about 3-4 months out of a blade at best but cut a lot of material.  Tint tears through them faster then PPF.  

for years we used a 60 degree and we cut around 40+ per day. Played around with a 45 degree last year and haven't turned back. Cuts smoother and more effectively. Buy a good blade as it will last you rather than trying to save $5-10 per blade and having it last a couple months. getting a separate blade holder is also a smart idea. That way you don't have to keep changing the depth and you can have separate plotters conditions for the different materials you need to cut.

I use a 45 for everything and like it. I have three blade holders set up for my Roland, tint, PPF, and vinyl. Now if all the PPF guys could get rid of the top sheets I wouldn't have to adjust from one brand to another! #Ihatetopsheets

Top sheet or not, you would have to adjust because all of the films have a slightly different thickness and if you want an accurate cut, you should have a dedicated blade and plotter setting for each film you use. Skipping steps like that will lead to problems in the end when just a simple setting change and a proper blade depth will reduce errors. 

I wouldn't recommend stripping the cap sheet off before you cut. We do about 40-50 kits per day with the cap sheet on and the blade lasts about 6 months. If you are not doing that type of quantity, dulling the blade should not be a concern of yours. Dialing in the settings and making sure the film is running straight is your key components. Those who were never taught how to cut with the cap sheet on make poor assumptions on the features and benefits it has by keeping it on the film while you cut. 

Archived