Why vote?

Guest Foogoo

Maybe I'm just speaking from the ignorance and naitivity of someone who doesn't know much about politics but that's why I'm asking this. Do our votes really count in presidential elections? This isn't a direct vote system, the electoral college casts the actual votes right? So what exactly does our vote count for?

I registered to vote just after my 18th birthday. I have not voted once. If I had voted for the Bob Dole, would he have won? Nope. End of story. My vote doesn't count. And don't anybody give me that "we've fought wars for that freedom, so VOTE!" crap.

Ok good so I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Funny how around election tme you get all those PSA's "you're vote counts" and the "vote or else you're a communist bastard" when essentially it's really "vote if you'd like but doesn't really matter anyway".

I have never voted for president but I have voted for local MAYOR. you guys should have seen the yahoo we had as mayor here a couple years ago, he was a transplanted farmer from wisconsin :cool I help vote that idiot out :beer

Archived