SLICE

Guest Eclipse

Guest Eclipse

Ok,

so there I was at the home of one of the pickiest customers you can imagine. She was worried that my new shoes were going to mark up her carpet. So she talked me into tinting the windows of her home without my shoes on. This of course was against my better judgment, but I figured "whats the worst thing that can happen, a few blisters on my feet from going up and down the ladder? " No problem maam!

The day goes off without a hitch and there I am looking at the last window to tint. When all of a sudden, I bump the six foot ladder. What is sitting on the top run of the ladder you might ask? The 4inch scraper that I am using to clean the windows with. Now mind you this is the scraper with the 10" handle, so I know this one is going to hurt. The only thing I can think of is to try an catch it, and catch it I did. With the bone in my left index finger, through the skin and into the bone. Blood went everywhere. Luckily I had laid out moving blankets to protect the carpet from water(and blood). It was the last window so I grabbed some masking tape from my tool case, taped it up tight and finished the job.

Six stiches later, I have a new policy.

Um...... No barefoot tinting, and I don't set the scraper on the top rung of my ladder. :thumb:hmmm

Guest tinterjim

Damn that sucks! I went almost 2 years without cutting myself, then I cut myself twice in 1 week. Hope you can still work. Pour beer on it, it will heal faster :evileye

Archived