96 maxima

The fronts wouldnt tuck tightest son of a guns I have come across,had to do the rear in 2 ,top six inches I kept creaseing ,lady was 2.5 hours late so I was under preasure t0 get done by closeing.Is this car considered hard ,I was really puturded :notwrthy when I was done,Dryer sheet was what I attempted on back glass!I m hopeing it was the 3 cups of lg coffee and a time limit that got me :passout

Guest Sprinter

I can't say that this is a hard one to do, don't know how much film you were sliding into the sides? I don't remember the back window being that difficult though?

Guest SQUEEGEE

That back glass is deceptively tall but I'd rate it only slightly more difficult than a Camry or Accord.

If my memory serves me correct there is no Matrix to deal with either so it has to be smooth and clean all the way to the top.

I'm sure being pressured didn't help either.

Coulda just been a bad day. :lol

Guest Litespeeds

Not really a hard car to tint. I usually remove the door panels on that car and the rest is a piece of cake. The back glass is a little curved and you need to work the film a little in order not to crease it. Probably pushed too much of the film to the top and that gave you the problem. That is why you shouldn't rush to get a job done. Just make the customer wait.

First, she was late. Not just a little late, but 2 1/2 FRIGGIN' HOURS???? Are you kidding me? She's lucky she didn't come to my shop 2 1/2 hours late. I would have just mumbled under my breath about how unhappy that makes me and tinted her car anyways. As far as the car goes, I don't tuck any gaskets, but when I did, it helped keep it clean. The back glass used to scare me. But then I invented the lift-and-tuck method of shrinking and it's been a piece of cake ever since.

Guest thetintshop

the back glass isn't that hard. I've done the back glass with quantum 14 and it was pretty tough on the top corners. if you're using anything thinner than quantum 14, it's not that bad. but like squeeg said, this is not a beginner back glass, it's more toward the difficult end. it's very deceptive in it's looks.

as far as the gaskets on the doors, I've never really had a problem with them. I use a pliznasticwhizniggler on those and it makes them a piece of cake.

Archived