Honda CRV

Guest Rick Stiles

I remove the wiper motor and shocks. And on a friend's I actually removed the rubber holding the wire connections so that I could tint clear out to the edge. :passout Won't ever do that again. :shock

Guest Litespeeds

Just tell the customer that the tint does not stick too well to the black boarders due to the line ridges and tint to the 1st or 2nd ridge line. Do not take off the black rubber housing that hides the wires because it is double stick taped and if you remove it, you will have to put new tape on there and remove the old stuff.

I actually use a pattern from previous tinted CRV's and precut the shape of the window and then heat shrink it on the new car. Saves alot of time and do the final cuts around the bolts where the shocks mount. I leave the wiper assembly on but I do make sure I blow out all the fine dust that is trapped in there before I tint the window.

I upsell an option on these which pinstripe the inside where the black lines are ..makes the appearance much better..along the idea of vinyl over matrix areas

Archived