A good cheap plotter

pierce8468

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bastard! I paid more then twice that for mine, just six months ago. If you have any questions about it. Feel free to ask, and I will help you out as best I can :twocents Also for the record the blades that they will send with it are for vinyl. You will have to order tint blades. I always use denversignsupply.com for all of my blaeds and vinyl supplies. They are cheap as dirt!

Guest darkdan

I already placed a $130 order for vinyl, 30 degree and 60 degree blades, a weeding knife (all I have is my red dot) and a cutting board and a few other things.

I have some application tape laying around, but it's low-tack, I might have to order some high tack. Since I'm a tinter and don't do things dry (in all aspects of life) I'll need to order some rapidtac sometime.

Yes, you will need to tell me what pressure for what materials and such. =) How hard is it to get to work with other software besides the "artcut" that it comes with?

Guest darkdan
how you gonna get that in the basement :beer

My office is upstairs, but I might have to get rid of the 3rd desk in here to make room.

will that think cut PPF?

400 grams of force should be enough I'd think. If it cuts vinyl it should cut PPF since some cheap calendered vinyls are pretty thick. If it doesn't you'll hear me yelling very soon.

The pressure will depend on how much of the blade you have sticking out. What you are looking to have is just the very tip of the blade sticking out of the holder. The just to some test cuts at different pressures to see what you need. Also once you have everything set, the little metal rod at the top of the blade holder, is a quick release. You push that and it will push the blade out far enough that you can remove it. Then you lust push the other pblade back in the hole. This way the pressure will remain the same. DONT UNSCREW THE HOLDER to remove the blade. If you do that you will be back to square one with the pressure settings!

I am only familiar with a few programs, Tinttek, Computer cut, and just learning artcut. I guess they are simple enough. You just need some time to sit down and play with them. Your inteligent enough to figure them out easy enough :rollin

Damn I forgot this about the plotter. Why you are waiting for it to come. Get over to home depot, and buy some low grade copper pipe. Get a 3-4' pice of 1/4 inch for the back side of the plotter, and then get a 4' piece of 1 1/2" for the rollers. The copper will reduce the static build up in the film, and will help you aout a lot. I will take some pics as soon as I can of how I have the copper on my plotter.

Also be sure not to over tighten the screw for the blade holder. it is just plastic and will crack if you tighten too much. Just give it a nice firm tightening!

What brand vinyl did you order? Your low tack paper will be fine if it is avery. If it is oracal you will want a high tack

Archived