What tints?

Guest yasir

Guest yasir

Greetings fellow earthians

I have a series I Land Rover disco in green (metallic, something between olive and military green) and a brown interior. I want to get my windows tinted and so I need some help... please.

Firstly, what color? I want something that is really light, discreet and non reflective and it should go with the car color. Maybe a really light gray or green?

Also, I have no idea how much they're supposed to cost. I asked at a couple of dealers how much it would cost to tint all the windows leaving out the front windshield and Johnson said $x, Ziebart x, suntekx and v kool would probably do it for around $x (quote for my Volvo was $x

And then there are the tiny car accessories stores that all sell the exact same accessories, from the exact same manufacturers and use what are probably the cheapest tints known to man. They tint cars in front of their shops and make a huge mess in the car but the end result doesn't look bad at all.

So should I get it done at the dealers with their five year warranty against scratches and bubbles or should I just order the tints I want online and get one of the "guy in front of cheap shop" to do it for me? Also, leaving out V kool, the dealers don't offer much choice in terms of color or type.

I really don't mind paying $x if that's generally how much it's supposed to cost but I would hate to pay xfor something that's worth half as much.

Archived