Going Green

Guest walestint

Guest walestint

Guy comes in "want it dark all round see, so no one can see in" (in broad welsh accent - bit of a numpty). Talk through tints and the law relating to front windows, very clearly. "I dont mind having it dark on fronts etc" he states. I explain not gonna do it dark on fronts for many a reason.

He decides of LLumar 35% classic green, which I explain isnt the darkest for the rears and cannot go on the fronts.

Tint the car (new vectra)with green on rears and with 70% on fronts, which I explained to him why etc. He picks up car.

Phone call 30 mins later "its too light, you can see out of it and the windscreen looks like it hasnt been touched" (I kid you not!). "Im not happy with the green as theres no green in it (!) and its not dark enough (where I had already explained it only comes in 35%).

By that time Id had enough of this guy and the car, so I said bring it back in and ill take the tint off for you and redo it for you :copcar

So he comes back and I strip all the tint in 10 mins and hand him his money back and said "Lesson learnt there for me, youve wasted my whole day, goodbye"

Rather him have no tint and I loose a day than him going round saying theres no green in my green tint and you can see out of the windows with tint on it!!

I could have argued the toss but is it worth it at the end of the day??

Think ill leave the green alone for a while now :lol6

Guest walestint
like you said - lessons learned!

what brand of 70% are using??

naughty

[*]398414

hi naughty

johnsons Ch70, being using it for over a year now, no probs with it

I also picked up a 78% from llumar, again is ok (except liner is on inside of roll)

:ohcrap

Guest naughtydog

naughty

[*]398414

hi naughty

I also picked up a 78% from llumar, again is ok (except liner is on inside of roll)

:evilgrin

[*]398450

I dont think LLumar do a 78 - they do a 69 climate control. Is that what you mean?

Naughty

Guest walestint

naughty

[*]398414

hi naughty

:evilgrin

[*]398450

I dont think LLumar do a 78 - they do a 69 climate control. Is that what you mean?

Naughty

[*]398685

yeah im sure its a 78%, I will check tommorow, its on their small swatch of films

:lol6

Archived