Tinting Rollups

I used to install rollups by leaving the bottom two inches of the liner on, like a large amount of tinters do. Then I was shown this technique by another tinter. At first I thought "how can this work" ? But I tried it and have been using it ever since. So, before You bash, try it for Yourself. You may be surprised, :beer

Wet the door panel a little....

IMG00003-20090619-1105.jpg

Lay Bounty paper towels across the length of the door panel, leaving them about 1/2 inch from the window, and wet the paper towels real good. Don't be skurred to wet the towels good, because the towels also keep solution from dripping on the door to much. You can't use cheap paper towels, because they will leave lint fibers on the film.

IMG00004-20090619-1106.jpg

Then clean Your windows and install film as normal. Peel the liner all the way off the film and wet real well.

IMG00006-20090619-1111.jpg

Notice how the edges of the film are curled in and under. This in itself keeps a majority of the film off the panel.

IMG00005-20090619-1111.jpg

Then lift the film off the panel with one finger as normal, and roll up the window. Hose the glass and the film down real well, and squeegee the bottom out as usual.

IMG00007-20090619-1112.jpg

You will be very surprised with the end result. Holla! Remember if You dont give the customer a reason to complain....they won't.

IMG00002-20090618-1122.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest marks window tinting

I cant see the plus sign to this, best keep 2" liner on like I do, I never use paper towels just flush and squeegee, u cant go wrong, happy fathers day all.

Guest tintgod

you are right...that is a technique that I have never seen.. :beer ..and I hope I never see again.. :poke

I just dont see the purpose of the paper towels myself..I would think having just laying the fiilm on the clean plastic door panel would be cleaner. :shoot4

I am always open to trying new think...but to tell you the truth..this is one that I wouldnt and wont be trying...but if it works for you and your customers are happy with the result..they more power to you. :dunno

..and I hope I never see again......clapping.gif

So guest not_worthy.gif.........I suppose I can't count on Your vote for T.O.T.W.?laughing.gif

Holla! Oh wait, not ANOTHER Benz that I did at 3 + books permoney.gif........WHILE My p@nties were in a bunch!

IMG00008-20090619-1824.jpg

Don't hate....appreciate......

Archived