llumar pinnacle...second installer visit upcoming!? bubbling/dust month later

At my wits end. cliff notes, half assed installation job on 2 cars windshield, had to argue and demand they re do it and after waiting several hours, installer admitted for second car he didnt fix the issue and just let it sit in sun. Installer and manager both agreed they saw the issue (dust/smudge) Started saying MB windshields are hard/weird etc. I demanded they take it off and re do it. Begrudgingly did it and turned out fine. second car had a 3 inch scratch in lower passenger side window. Fixed that no issue.

Now its been a month and I have this issue on rear driver passenger window. I feel it from inside, its rough/scratchy. My nail can get caught on the bubble from the inside. Have no idea what could cause this? Do I go back AGAIN and this is unacceptable? There is a second bubble similar but not rough from the inside the camera didn't pick up. What would cause this to be rough from the inside? To me for $850 (audi etron gt all windows including panoramic roof and windshield pinnacle) and for a MB Eqe $600, this is a nightmare of crap work. Sucks because they did my last cars 3 years ago no issue.

IMG_4541.jpg

IMG_4525.jpg

Edited by ChipDiamond
added more details

Agreed on the perfection myth.

I like to think my work is exceptionally good, but the better the job in general, the fussier the customer seems to get.

People need to keep in mind that we are essentially taking a sheet of flat film and skillfully working it into shape before applying it to a piece of glass that's often awkward to get to without some MINOR contamination being picked up along the way.

A good tinter will know when something is unacceptable and fix or redo the window.

The truth is that after the initial fussy inspection of the fresh new job, most people won't even notice that there is a microscopic dot or two on their back window. I don't even see the couple of dust spots that are right in front of me while I'm driving. Most likely because I can't even focus on them.

On 10/22/2024 at 5:28 PM, doctor4766 said:

Agreed on the perfection myth.

I like to think my work is exceptionally good, but the better the job in general, the fussier the customer seems to get.

Especially true for Euro car owners. They never seem to notice the nibs and shadowing in the paint, or a missed stich in the leather, but will complain on high about a single dust particle the floats into the tint while I wrestle a 3'x4' piece of film into the rear window. 

A whole lot of excuses for a $1500 2 car tint cost. This isn’t Jimmy and Ramones Groupon tint shop. This is a high end ceramic tint that is extremely expensive. The quality NEEDS to be there and the standards met. If you can literally feel a piece of lint/etc with your fingernail from the inside, it’s a half assed install. Period. If you have a 3” scratch on the front windshield from the inside, it’s a half assed install. If the MB EQE has a massive smudge directly in the drivers vision on the windshield, it’s a half assed install. Take some accountability, pride, and workmanship in your quality of work. Sick and tired of hearing all the but this but that no it’s the customer no it’s this it’s that. No. It’s half assed work. It done correctly the FIRST time, there is zero reason for the client to come back EVER.

IMG_4119.jpeg

You will be hard pressed to find someone who can turn out (perfection). When you do, I hope you can appreciate it and give them the positive reviews they deserve. Your energy is wasted here. It takes an incredible amount of patience to do what we do for a living. I have nothing but respect for my fellow tinters. (Half-assed) or not. A lot of us go home at night but don’t really leave work. We get rushed, under paid, nit picked by Kyle’s and Karen’s. And then blasted on the internet by people who jerk off to their cars in the garage at night while staring at it. I hope the installer you’re dealing with finds this thread one day. 

11 minutes ago, no ma'am said:

You will be hard pressed to find someone who can turn out (perfection). When you do, I hope you can appreciate it and give them the positive reviews they deserve. Your energy is wasted here. It takes an incredible amount of patience to do what we do for a living. I have nothing but respect for my fellow tinters. (Half-assed) or not. A lot of us go home at night but don’t really leave work. We get rushed, under paid, nit picked by Kyle’s and Karen’s. And then blasted on the internet by people who jerk off to their cars in the garage at night while staring at it. I hope the installer you’re dealing with finds this thread one day. 

Again. No personal accountability. No pride in craftsmanship. Always “a Kyle or Karen”.

i literally posted a pic of a 3” scratch that is beyond unacceptable, but the response is excuses and “Kyle/karen”

🤡

11 minutes ago, ChipDiamond said:

Again. No personal accountability. No pride in craftsmanship. Always “a Kyle or Karen”.

i literally posted a pic of a 3” scratch that is beyond unacceptable, but the response is excuses and “Kyle/karen”

🤡

U bought an EQE and someone else is a 🤡 lol

1 hour ago, ChipDiamond said:

🤡

1 hour ago, CALltint said:

U bought an EQE and someone else is a 🤡 lol

Incorrect. I bought an Audi Etron GT and a week later bought a MB EQE suv for the girl. Get it correct. What do you drive?

Edited by ChipDiamond