most effective tool/method to pull sweeps

I have a small detailing business and recently got a shop and have been doing a few tints a week the past three months. I'm able to do most cars but some give me issues, like old dodges with tight felt gaskets and the tesla model 3 rear. Today I had a 2019 mazda 3 hatch and everything was going smooth until I got to the two front windows. I tried 2 staging it but quickly realized that wasn't going to work as the window tapers to about 3 inches on the speaker side. After about 2 hours moping around the shop looking for tools to remove the sweep I took the hook from a clothes hanger and used a screwdiver to pry and finesse the sweep out as gently as I could. Install turned out great but I'm wondering what are the most effective tools to remove sweeps and without having to remove the door panel? I found this but it looks way too bulky: https://dirty-tools.com/product/hook-tool-sweep-and-seal-remover/

That hook tool is a good tool to have and on stubborn tight sweeps it is a must.  I personally use a small hook from a pick tool set I get at lowes if I can't get them with my fingers alone. 

As posted above, I use a small hook tool from a pick set if I have to, but honestly have been able to get just about all of them out with just my fingers. I rarely 2 stage anymore, pulling the sweeps and bottom loading is pretty easy on most common vehicles and even some of the less common ones - although I haven’t done the Mazda you speak of. 

The tool you linked looks bulky and I’d be worried about it damaging the seal or slipping and damaging something else.

Why’d you hesitate 2 hours though instead of just pulling the entire door panel? I don’t want to remove panels, but if the sweep if giving me trouble for more than 3-5 min and I can’t 2 stage that door panel is coming off…

Yes, I have that tool in my box and use it all the time. Although like another said, a lot of sweeps can be removed by your hand alone. I also use this tool (I have this set, but it's the one at the end that is most effective at prying panels back and getting to the sweeps. Also, you really need to check this guy out:  https://www.youtube.com/@ismailgurgel He has loads of videos about sweep removal; I look up makes and models and just add the words "sweep removal"  (just today I looked on youtube for "24 Tiguan sweep removal" and his video is right there. Very simple and easy to follow videos on many models for sweeps. That is also a main tool of his. Also there is this great tool on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087ZV91PX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&th=1 and is so great for slipping under panels and parts of door panels that need to come off, but are easy to damage with a screw driver (use the right tool folks, and don't ever use a screw driver to pry off a plastic part!)s-l1600.webp

I really would avoid using the hook tool,

especially for the trim behind the handle. I really only use it for gentle prying. After, that I usually use a plastic trim tool shown above. Anything that hard I use an actual door belt tool with a handle on the end. Lisle makes one.