Tint won’t slip!

Looking for advice. My biggest problem with automotive tinting is the tint sticking too early. It seems that no matter how much slip I put in my water, I can’t keep the tint from prematurely tacking and causing problems. 

I started with J&J and have recently been trying the orange tint slime for hot weather with distilled water. Today I put a full ounce into a quart spray bottle (4x the recommended amount) and the tint still would stick to the glass almost immediately. It was hot and fairly humid today but I even put some straight baby shampoo into the side seals to hopefully prevent any sticking there. I finally got the last window installed after adding 3 pumps of J&J to the bottle. But even then it wasn’t slipping like it should have been.

I feel like I’m going crazy. Does humidity affect things this much? Is adding this much extra soap normal? Any tips? It gets so frustrating wasting film on little things like this 

I'll bet that the glass has a hydrophobic coating on it. Certain dealerships that I service use a glass cleaner that causes the water to bead up. Some glass (Lexus mostly) seems that way from the factory. 

Yes heat and humidity will cause tacking. I laid a windshield a few days ago and had nine pumps of JnJ in my bottle to get it slip. I usually use two or three, but whatever, it's been hot.

If the glass is hydrophobic, I try to lay the top edge in perfect place and squeegee the slack like a fan out and away from the top down and out the sides and finish in one pass.

29 minutes ago, Dano said:

I'll bet that the glass has a hydrophobic coating on it. Certain dealerships that I service use a glass cleaner that causes the water to bead up. Some glass (Lexus mostly) seems that way from the factory. 

Yes heat and humidity will cause tacking. I laid a windshield a few days ago and had nine pumps of JnJ in my bottle to get it slip. I usually use two or three, but whatever, it's been hot.

If the glass is hydrophobic, I try to lay the top edge in perfect place and squeegee the slack like a fan out and away from the top down and out the sides and finish in one pass.

I know it wasn’t a coating. Although I tinted a Venza with that stupid UV coating yesterday and holy hell that glass was very sticky too. 

But it’s really just every car I’ve been tinting. I learned on my own and don’t have anyone else to ask about this so all I have to go off is YouTube and I never see anyone on there adding massive amounts of slip or having problems with pre tacking

I never post pics of my effups either. Don't believe everything you see on yt.

By coatings I'm referring to hydrophobic residues infused into some glass cleaners, not the rubber like venza coatings. 

8 minutes ago, Dano said:

I never post pics of my effups either. Don't believe everything you see on yt.

By coatings I'm referring to hydrophobic residues infused into some glass cleaners, not the rubber like venza coatings. 

True. However I’m burning through film and time and it’s mostly because of this issue. Either directly from it sticking and then causing creases when trying to position film while it's stuck, or from contamination entering because I’m dicking around trying to unstick it. 

I’m pretty familiar with those coatings as well, it’s definitely not that. I feel like I’m just missing a piece to the tint puzzle. It’s very frustrating. 

Trying positioning the film on one top corner before doing the same on the other side of the window. You may be applying the film all at once and the large surface area is not allowing the film to slide as you want it. I'm not well with words so hopefully that's not too confusing.

Never can have enough soap either. Don't waste your money on slip solution, I've been using baby shampoo for 20 years.