73 opel gt vinyl wrap on bare metal or epoxy primer

Hi I bought a car that had a rhino truck bed liner sprayed over the entire car body.

I'm grinding away slowly but decided to try to use an aircraft stripper after trying a heat gun first to remove it.

The body looks pretty good under what I've already removed.

I'd like to get it all down to base metal then use an epoxy primer or something else to to make sure the wrap will bond properly to it.

I was first thinking of trying to spray on a base coat with an electric spray gun but I'm worried it won't turn out very well.

I'm wondering if I could wrap it in white then wrap it again in a translucent pink, (hopefully I could find a metallic pink.). Finally put black wrap for 2 racing stripes, spoiler, and try to wrap the wheels.

If you haven't guessed it, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Will this work and look proper?  Should I try using a white primer and then use the light pink over top of that so the other no will appear lighter instead of wrapping it twice?

Should I stick with an electric turbine or airless spray paint gun and forget about trying to wrap it?

Sorry a lot of questions but it's taking forever to get the stupid truck bed liner off the body and it's rusting already even though I applied a rust converter that says it will seal it even if there is no rust there.

I really want this to be as good as possible but being honest, I can't afford to pay 4000 for someone to primer, paint, and clear coat the car.

This will be my final car I will drive so I chose to get the one I've dreamed of and rebuild it with power everything, widebody kit, and better engine.  I want to make it look and perform as good as she deserves.

Yes I'm a woman which is why I want a little pink in it.  I figured when it passes to the next person, the pink could be removed if it will be a guys baby after me.

Edited by 73opelgt

To do it right you need a primer then a sealer. You can get a light color 2k primer and get a white sealer.  If you're going to paint that you might as well just go ahead and paint the color and clear... the materials will cost less tab the wrap material!