What’s the best bang for buck film

I’m not sure which brand I should go with I just started tinting not too long ago with very cheap dyed films. I’m ready to move on to better quality stuff but don’t know which. I’m also located in canada some places don’t ship here. Hoping you guys can suggest some good film that won’t break the bank. 

Express or Global will probably be your best bet. IMO, Llumar is very overpriced since all the increases. CTX (gen 2) has been out for around 10 years with modest heat rejection. IRX has better performance but is outperformed or matched by other big brand options that cost less. Not bad films at all, the price just doesn't match the performance.

I've been using the Global Ceramic/HP/PPF almost exclusively since 2018.

The only failures I've had were installer error. Scratch coat is about the best on the market and performance is on par with the big names everyone's heard of, without the marketing expence tacked on to every box.

16 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

Express or Global will probably be your best bet. IMO, Llumar is very overpriced since all the increases. CTX (gen 2) has been out for around 10 years with modest heat rejection. IRX has better performance but is outperformed or matched by other big brand options that cost less. Not bad films at all, the price just doesn't match the performance.

llumar isnt more expensive than most brand name . A new customer pays about $100 more per 40" roll than an existing customer . Different price levels on volume bought . Also llumar has vey little failures . Been using llumar 15 yrs and have had about 6 tint failure warranties so far this yr doing about 1500 + installs a yr  over 15 yrs  .  Customer know the brand . 

8 hours ago, watchdaride said:

llumar isnt more expensive than most brand name . A new customer pays about $100 more per 40" roll than an existing customer . Different price levels on volume bought . Also llumar has vey little failures . Been using llumar 15 yrs and have had about 6 tint failure warranties so far this yr doing about 1500 + installs a yr  over 15 yrs  .  Customer know the brand . 

I have current price lists for several big brands and Llumar is more expensive. Especially when you factor in they have the same or better performance. I've been a Llumar dealer since 2015, 7 bubbled up back windows from ATC and CTX. The most recent one after 3 years.

I'll swear ATR was the best film they ever made. 

As far as pricing goes, if a mediocre installer is using six rolls a month, the extra $100+ per roll will add $7200+ of yearly expence per mediocre installer under your roof. 

If the film goes belly up, the brand recognition you paid for goes with it.

Anyone remember Llumar Centaur or 3m Panther? 

On 7/18/2024 at 4:19 AM, alex14444 said:

I’m not sure which brand I should go with I just started tinting not too long ago with very cheap dyed films. I’m ready to move on to better quality stuff but don’t know which. I’m also located in canada some places don’t ship here. Hoping you guys can suggest some good film that won’t break the bank. 

For a balance of quality and affordability in Canada, consider brands like SunTek, Solar Gard, or Llumar. These brands offer superior durability and performance compared to cheaper dyed films. Additionally, they often have distributors that ship to Canada, ensuring you get high-quality film without breaking the bank. Happy tinting.

On 7/18/2024 at 5:07 AM, watchdaride said:

its wierd cheap or no name tint are almost as expensive as llumar etc . Before 5yrs ago it was a big difference in price . Dont know why people would go with cheaper film to saave$5 per car .  

surprising that cheap or no-name tint is now almost as expensive as Llumar and similar brands. With such a small price difference, it's puzzling why anyone would opt for lower quality to save just $5 per car.

On 7/18/2024 at 11:06 PM, Dano said:

I'll swear ATR was the best film they ever made. 

As far as pricing goes, if a mediocre installer is using six rolls a month, the extra $100+ per roll will add $7200+ of yearly expence per mediocre installer under your roof. 

If the film goes belly up, the brand recognition you paid for goes with it.

Anyone remember Llumar Centaur or 3m Panther? 

Panther and Centaur massive failure, also Johnson and Solar gard I banned from my shop