after tint was already installed, how would I know if the installer actually xpel XR Plus, instead of just regular XR?

9 hours ago, doctor4766 said:

Why do you ask?

back when I lived in DMV, a tint shop pulled something like that. They had 4 or 5 shops around DMV.  IIRC, I paid extra for the highest grade of LLumar Pinnacle(?) film, but they used one grade lower.  How did I find out?  because dozens of other customers also experienced the same thing and wrote reviews about it.   I didn't read the reviews before going in because they had so many locations, I just figured that they wouldn't pull something like that. 

on my current car last week, I paid for the prime XR Plus... just hoping this installer didn't put prime XR film, either accidentally or deliberately.   but I guess I have no way of knowing after the fact.   although this shop did a great job and everything looked great.  

A legit shop would provide a receipt and or warranty card that contains the manufacturing lot number of the film(s) used. Today, warranty filing may be the responsibility of the consumer, to which they need provide the lot number so you can register the film used by going online.

It (the number) is found on the label at one end of the box and sometimes found inside the core the film is rolled up on. Now, this get dicey if they did use a cheaper film and provide the other film's (XR plus) lot number.

It would take some time to have the manny verify that number as being assigned to a particular film.

5 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

XR Plus has a blue hue that is more noticeable than XR Black. It is more noticeable in 35% or lighter shades and lessens as the film gets darker.

oh wow... funny you should mention the blue.   I was just about to ask to see if it was normal for the XR Plus to look somewhat blue.  When I'm driving, I obviously can't stare at the window... but today I let someone else drive while I sat in the passenger seat.  That's when I noticed this gray/blue-ish color in the tint film.  I just figured that the blue color came from the original factory glass...    So this is normal for this film? 

Thanks!

8 hours ago, blueseagulls said:

oh wow... funny you should mention the blue.   I was just about to ask to see if it was normal for the XR Plus to look somewhat blue.  When I'm driving, I obviously can't stare at the window... but today I let someone else drive while I sat in the passenger seat.  That's when I noticed this gray/blue-ish color in the tint film.  I just figured that the blue color came from the original factory glass...    So this is normal for this film? 

Thanks!

Yes

6 minutes ago, mobiledynamics said:

Batch lot and warrant guide ?

Do you do this for every customer.

I heard this is a thing for Xpel PPF film

My tint guy (been using forever, now xpel, previously Llumar) or my PPF guy....same thing....

Never have gotten the -official- receipt with batch code and all that.....

If I had a finish issue, always addressed promptly as part of -good customer service-

I've had a panel or 2 redone...down the road on PPF post cure but in general, they both operate the same....not going to make the customer wait 2-3 months on a claims process. If there is a problem, they just address it *manuf. warranty or not*

my tint installer is the same way....  

so I ended up contacting xpel... apparently my tint installer is the top installer in my part of the state, according to the xpel rep... they(xpel) said all they needed for warranty was "his word"...  

If your willing to remove the tint from 1 window and use a heat lamp bulb and a BTU meter you could probably get a really good idea 😅 (from my experience) regular XR should get you about a 70% reduction in BTUs, where as XRPlus would be over 90%. You might at that point burn your bridge with your tinter though, it’s a bit extreme.