NY Tinters

For the local NY pros...have you heard any issues with yearly inspections.....and shops getting summons

Granted , it's always been 20%. luck finding a shop willing to do a inspection with tints as such already

Here's been my most recent experience...even my usual spot who normally wouldn't glance on the tint , made me roll up my windows and actually broke his meter.....checked my windows twice. Thought about it , then metered it again for a third time. He knew I was a repeat yearly and he doesn't speak a lick of English but he told his co-worker he knew I was a regular, and can do it this time but it might not be the same next year. 

I've always given him a Benji for coffee yearly but with the QR code on the new registration sticker formats, the shop mentioned they have received at least 3 summons so far (which kinda explains who I had soooooooo much trouble finding a local place willing to do an inspection)

Off to google-fu-wiki to see how inspections shops are being penalized based on vehicle violations. I mean what -happens- after the inspection is not something I see a shop being liable for unless there is some verbiage like ....an inspection shop can be issued a summons for vehicle not meeting inspection requirement if defects are found within the following 5 days after inspection or something to that effect