what can be done if I think the rear windows are not dark enough after xpel Prim XR Plus 30% tint was applied to factory privacy glass?

what can be done if I think the rear windows are not dark enough after xpel Prim XR Plus 30% tint was applied to factory privacy glass?  

I was the one who chose 30% when the installer asked me, so it's entirely on me if I don't think it's  dark enough.

What is the best course of action?  (1) remove and install 20% or even 5% tint.... or (2) apply another layer of 30% over the new 30% tint film.

Thanks!

I never double layer film. You cant align the top edge to the first pattern well l. Many times when I use a steamer to remove double layered tint, the first layer practically falls off. I explain the shades prior to install. If they the choose wrong shade they must pay for the removal. Nothing worse than new glass covered in glue bacause some picked wrong shades.  Honesty, I would leave it, as a darker tint will only block more light, not more heat.

7 minutes ago, pbalentine said:

I never double layer film. You cant align the top edge to the first pattern well l. Many times when I use a steamer to remove double layered tint, the first layer practically falls off. I explain the shades prior to install. If they the choose wrong shade they must pay for the removal. Nothing worse than new glass covered in glue because some picked wrong shades.  Honesty, I would leave it, as a darker tint will only block more light, not more heat.

pb has made some good points such as two layers doesn't necessarily = enough solar energy rejection to make a difference.

Double layers will stay in place until removal and when the film is removed, like he said, the second layer falls away. Usually this takes the scratch resistant coating off the first layer, giving the impression it 'falls' away.

If you're simply looking to blackout more so than heat rejection, then 30% on 30% on 25% (glass) will suffice. Anything lower, such as 20% or 5% on 30% on 25% (glass), minimally impacts how dark it becomes.

23 hours ago, Tintguy1980 said:

pb has made some good points such as two layers doesn't necessarily = enough solar energy rejection to make a difference.

Double layers will stay in place until removal and when the film is removed, like he said, the second layer falls away. Usually this takes the scratch resistant coating off the first layer, giving the impression it 'falls' away.

If you're simply looking to blackout more so than heat rejection, then 30% on 30% on 25% (glass) will suffice. Anything lower, such as 20% or 5% on 30% on 25% (glass), minimally impacts how dark it becomes.

Thanks!  I was driving from NY to Chicago last night.  Okay, the rear tint was dark enough.    Somewhere in PA where the interstates was completely dark in the mountains, I couldn't see anything out the back.  or more precisely, there was nothing to see, since I didn't encounter another car in my direction for a few miles.   :)