Llumar air 80 vs 3m Crystalline - dealer advised to go regular 3m ceramic over Crystalline

I just got off the phone with a 3m dealer in Dallas and he strongly advised me to save my money and get their regular ceramic and not the 3M Crystalline.  He said I'd never know the difference and acted like it was NOTHING more than a marketing strategy. 

So that's got me all confused. He could make more money off me, but I feel like he's being honest and I appreciate that.  But, then I hear everywhere else how much better Crystalline is over other products.

So, I'm still debating on Air 80 or Crystalline for the windshield and Llumar IRx or Formula 1 or 3m Crystalline for the other windows..  So much to consider!

FYI, I generally like the best for a couple hundred more, BUT I do want there to be some improvement.

Easy technical explanation of the difference between Crystalline and regular 'ceramic' labeled products, including 3Ms:

Crystalline is designed to 'reflect' NIR (Near Infrared, the sun's energy we 'feel' first) as opposed to 'ceramic' products absorbing. Absorbing translates into feeling the sun's energy radiating off the window as your arm is rested next to it. Therefore, Crystalline is superior to ceramics.  This is the pitch I would make to you as a buyer.

Maybe the dealer you spoke with simply doesn't want to pay the price for a roll of the product.

I've had Crystalline 40 on my front door glass for 8 yrs now and it shows zero sign of any degradation in color, performance and clarity.

Crystalline would be better than AIR80 for the windshield as well.

@Tintguy1980 pretty much covered the difference in the films. Since Ceramic films absorb the heat, the vehicle must be in motion to push the hot air away. No motion means more heat building up in the glass and radiating inward to you. Since Crystalline redirects heat away, the radiating inward heat is much less if you are in traffic or sitting still.

As far as the shop, they either don't want to stock Crystalline since it is $$$$ per roll or do not want to install it since it takes more work and time. Also, not all 3M dealers can install Crystalline. If you check the dealer locator, if they do not have "Crystalline Preferred" listed, then this is most likely the case.

With that being said, we absolutely love the Ceramic IR line, so you can't go wrong there.