Tesla side door’s cracking

EZreach

I had young guy drop his teenagers Model 3 off in a corvette. He didnt like the Tesla and believed in the alternative fuel that Porsche is working. He also mentioned the battery foot print, along with the possibility of N. Korea taking out the power grid. 

The batteries are my number one complaint. Anyone who's ever seen a lithium or copper mine and thinks their saving the environment is out of their mind.

Nevermind the poor bastards that are charged with getting the rare earths out of the ground and the corrupt backwards govs that rule the area where they lay.

Then we get to the recycling issues and God forbid one of those turds catch fire....my thoughts on that goes for the entire ev scam. I'll take a '97 Accord over any of them everytime. 

Just happened yesterday to my Tinter.  I was doing LRU he was doing RRU. And it just cracked for seemingly no reason. I’ve done a shitload myself and never had a problem. It was straight out the lot btw. I had to TRY and explain to the customer that it really wasn’t any negligence on our part. And suggested in my opinion that the glass was defective and Tesla should make it right. Haven’t heard from customer yet. I really would rather not have to pay for a door glass. Just a heads up to owners.

So I completely disagree with how you handle this and I don't mean to be disrespectful when I say that.

You had the care, customer and control of that vehicle and the glass broke. It broke because you put heat on it, pressure on it or because you simply walked by it. That's the risk you take when you tint a Tesla.

If you were tinting the TM3 or the TMY and you were doing all nine windows my guess is your charging $1000+ dollars and you have a good amount of profit in the job, therefore you should be responsible for any damage that occurs to the vehicle while it's in your care, custody and control. 

if this was a Tesla in my shop I would have called the customer and told them that we were going to take responsibility for it.

It's not that much money, it's $400 if I remember correctly. It sucks that the glass broke but you have an opportunity to be a hero and to take care of the customer. You run a small business, you make a profit on 99.9% of every job that you do so there's no reason why every once while when the shit hits the fan that you take care of it the way you would want it taken care of if it happened to you. 

Now let's talk about Tesla glass and the fact that it broke. We work on roughly 50 Tesla's every single week, we tinted the very first TM3 in the world and we have tinted over 10,000 Teslas. I have literally seen over 200 Tesla windows break since 2014 and I'm going to guess that when it comes to the side windows cracking I have fixed every single one of them out of my pocket. I'm not sure how many side windows I've seen crack but if I had to guess it's probably like 50 

The majority of the Tesla glass that I have seen crack is the 2018 and 2019 TM3 rear window and once it started happening on a regular basis we found out quickly that the crack were already in the glass therefore we started looking for prior to the installation and I'm going to guess we found 150 cracked rear windows and we advise the customer to get them fixed. Back in the day Tesla fixed the glass but today they're not going to fix the glass. 

If I were you I would contact the customer and tell them that you will reimburse them 100% for the cost of the new window, and also I would offer to tint the window and get them rolling again. 

My company is called Signature Glass Tinting I'm in Costa Mesa, CA if you want to talk more about this over the phone feel free to give me a call. 

Oh and an FYI, last month we had two side windows cracked on us and I paid for both of them! 

Disagree.

Expecting a shop to repair a known manufacturers defect is not at all reasonable.

Tesla should be doing a voluntary recall on the substandard glass sold on their premium products, which they made "a good amount of profit".