Roland vs Graphtec

Called them and asked for her and left her a message. Called back and spoke with another sales lady and she could discount it down to 6k plus shipping instead of 6499.  She said the prices have jumped drastically in the last 3 months due to the new tariffs being imposed by the new administration.  I don't know if that is 100% true or not. I'm still waiting for Katie to call me back. If this is the case I'll stick with graphtec and USCutter is willing to match the 6499 price.  Free shipping and no tax as well.

10 minutes ago, alberts316 said:

Called them and asked for her and left her a message. Called back and spoke with another sales lady and she could discount it down to 6k plus shipping instead of 6499.  She said the prices have jumped drastically in the last 3 months due to the new tariffs being imposed by the new administration.  I don't know if that is 100% true or not. I'm still waiting for Katie to call me back. If this is the case I'll stick with graphtec and USCutter is willing to match the 6499 price.  Free shipping and no tax as well.

Did you check on the one at sign warehouse?

@jh812 that is the one at sign warehouse. @alberts316That is very disappointing. When I bought my Q64 I think I gave in the $3,900-$4k range and it was priced retail about what it is now online. Also, another issue I have is if I am not mistaken Graphtec is a Japanese company and not Chinese so tariffs should be of no influence whatsoever. That is a shame they will not work with you. If you can get name brand for the same price then I would not even consider it...go for the Graphtec at US Cutter..their customer service sucks but should be fine. Sorry I couldn't help you out. I guess when I buy my next plotter this next year I will have to look elsewhere. 

Sunbreakers, I appreciate all the help you did give me.  Just spoke w Katie and best she could do was 6k out the door with the additional blade holders and blades included.  I'm going to kick it around this weekend and decide what I'm going to do.  Thanks again for all your guys' help!

Edited by alberts316

On 24/10/2018 at 1:58 PM, jh812 said:

IDK if it's right or not but last I checked the price shot up about 2k on those.

Graphtec was always cheaper then Roland and then it suddenly shot up a couple thousand and is now on par with the cost of a roland.

I also thought graphtec was american 

*edit* a quick google search! Graphtec is owned by a japanese company

Edited by blackoutauto

Just find a old DGi that they used to use with computer cut. It's like an old Chevy 350. Nothing fancy, its loud when it runs, has no bells and whistles, is an ugly cream color. You will have a hard time finding anyone that knows anything about them. :lolBut that's all ok, because they run forever without any issues.I use Rolland blade holders in mine and they work great. The parent company is Newstar Omega. So when you are looking up the driver that's what it's listed under. I would have to look but I am running under something else on my DAP software.It's a Korean company. They still sell them but I just think no one in the US is distributing them anymore. New they are not cheap, but you can find them second hand for a great price. You can get some parts and cut strips from knkusa.com.

Stay away from Vinyl express q series from sigh warehouse I have an expensive q42/basically a  rebadged Grapghtec fc8000  sold exclusively buy sign warehouse,sent it in for service they had it 2 weeks and said they could not  figure out how to fix it,they sent it back Fedex  (even though they told me if I sent it FedEx they wouldn't except delivery) waited a week to ship it,didn't pack it with any care or protection and didn't insure  it ..Graphtec wont touch it because it a Vinyl express even though they made it.so I am pretty much f#$cked 20180906_141043.jpg.05538e3b719facb379e5653fe788233e.jpg

20180906_141430.jpg

20180906_141435.jpg

20180906_141440.jpg

20180906_141146.jpg