ford taurus

has anyone ever had a problem with a removal of a rear windo in regards to the defroster lines coming off with the tint? specifically a 2013 taurus. if so what have you found will help prevent this if there is even anything that can be done

i used the steamer, it pulled pretty easily, and with virtually no glue left, but my tint had a grid from like the whole bottom set of defrosters. im chalking it up as a manuf. defect, but you know ford wont have any part of that so well be eating this one unfortunately

Trash bag is what we do as long as there is some sun.  Soak it in Ammonia and cover it with a black trash bag, then let it sit facing the sun.  While that is going on, steam off the sides.  When sides are done, you can remove the back window.  Works better for defrosters.

2 hours ago, savage VH1 said:

i used the steamer, it pulled pretty easily, and with virtually no glue left, but my tint had a grid from like the whole bottom set of defrosters. im chalking it up as a manuf. defect, but you know ford wont have any part of that so well be eating this one unfortunately

I would let a crusty know beforehand that it could be a problem when stripping back glass. 

That way they know if shit happens you are in the clear and you can eat tacos instead of BG's

i love tacos 

Archived