Huper Durabilty Vs. Cystalline & PhotoSync’s Superior TSER ?

Average Joe .....I don't believe it...you got more info then my sale guy ever seen...

Long story short, after driving around to 4 tint shops in my area, I came home very confused. All the sales people were saying different things.

Unfortunately, there are many people that give customers either wrong or misleading information.  This could be because they are uninformed, repeating what others have said, speaking on assumptions, or flat out lying.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everybody for the awesome replies (especially DA) 

I've revisited the Huper Websites, and digging deeper I'm a little confused.

Question 1 : On Huper Therm-x, and Huper Ceramic, what does it mean when the spec sheets say "single pane" or " dual pane"? Is that for residential applications only?

Question 2  : Here is the description for Therm-X  ... Quote : "Hüper Optik Therm-X Films use a proprietary blend of metals to create the highest performance films in their class while allowing a high amount of visible light. The Therm-X technologies create a more comfortable environment while reducing HVAC consumption. " This film is listed in the section for autos, but the description sounds like a residential application. Can the same film be used on a boat, a car or a home, or is there something substantially unique here?

https://www.huperoptik.com/group/home/

https://huperoptikusa.com/automotive/

https://www.huperoptik.com/en/automotive/

VLT = 30  |  TSER = 72 … Huper Therm-X 30
VLT = 52  |  TSER = 62 … Huper Therm-X 50
VLT = 70  |  TSER = 47 … Huper Therm-X 70
https://huperoptikusa.com/products/thermx-series/

VLT = 06  |  TSER = 75 … Huper Optik Ceramic 05
VLT = 15  |  TSER = 73 … Huper Optik Ceramic 15
VLT = 21  |  TSER = 68 … Huper Optik Ceramic 20
VLT = 30  |  TSER = 63 … Huper Optik Ceramic 30
VLT = 34  |  TSER = 61 … Huper Optik Ceramic 35
VLT = 40  |  TSER = 55 … Huper Optik Ceramic 40
VLT = 52  |  TSER = 50 … Huper Optik Ceramic 50
VLT = 60  |  TSER = 43 … Huper Optik Ceramic 60
VLT = 71  |  TSER = 48 … Huper Optik Ceramic 70
https://huperoptikusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/HuperOptiks_Ceramics.pdf

IMO I wouldn't spend Crystalline money just to do the front doors and windshield.  At that point you are wanting maximum coverage which would mean tinting it all.  If doing the front doors and windshield, I would do a Ceramic film like CTX or similar.

So what would you charge me to complete all the other windows {windshield and driver/passenger doors already done with crystalline} with crystalline 50? I could swing by this week if the pricing works for me.Vehicle is a 2002 Highlander

IMO I wouldn't spend Crystalline money just to do the front doors and windshield.  At that point you are wanting maximum coverage which would mean tinting it all.  If doing the front doors and windshield, I would do a Ceramic film like CTX or similar.

So what would you charge me to complete all the other windows {windshield and driver/passenger doors already done with crystalline} with crystalline 50? I could swing by this week if the pricing works for me.Vehicle is a 2002 Highlander

I will message you.

On 8/22/2016 at 7:30 AM, DynamicAppearance said:

3M Crystalline honestly looks difference depending on the vehicle.  There is no green in it though.  Here are a few examples below...keep in mind the Mercedes factory glass has a touch of blue which makes it stand out more.

Wow, I can't believe how dark some of those 40 tints look. I was considering going 35-40 on the front seat windows, but I'm seriously going to question that given these photos. Tint on the front seats windows is illegal in California, and while many people still do it, I'd prefer to not give the police an excuse to pull me over. Based on these photos, I'll probably go somewhere around 55+ for the front windows, and possibly on the back as well to keep a more uniform look.

I need to look into how much factory tint/protection my windows have to get a feel for what I'll need. I have a Tesla Model S with the all glass (not sunroof) roof, so picking the right tint is important given how much of my cabin is surrounded by glass. Thanks for sharing.

@ChicagoJack Did you ever settle on a tint? I'm in the same boat as you: confused by the sea of inconsistent and discrepant data regarding the various tint performances, and as a person that likes to make informed decisions, it's not a place that I like to be in. Asking tint shops, you always get information filtered through the lens of whatever they sell. 

I have a Tesla, and in Tesla circles in online forums it seems universally accepted that PhotoSync is the best option, but I can't seem to justify paying $1,600 for tinting the entire car (the quote that came back from my local Spectra PhotoSync shop for sides, rear, windshield and glass roof).

On 4/24/2017 at 2:09 PM, FormVsFunction said:

@ChicagoJack Did you ever settle on a tint? I'm in the same boat as you: confused by the sea of inconsistent and discrepant data regarding the various tint performances, and as a person that likes to make informed decisions, it's not a place that I like to be in. Asking tint shops, you always get information filtered through the lens of whatever they sell. 

I have a Tesla, and in Tesla circles in online forums it seems universally accepted that PhotoSync is the best option, but I can't seem to justify paying $1,600 for tinting the entire car (the quote that came back from my local Spectra PhotoSync shop for sides, rear, windshield and glass roof).

@FormVsFunction,

I went  for the Spectra PhotoSync. Cost me $900 for all three sides plus front wind shield. That's about $300 - $350 more than 3M Crystalline in this area. Was a tough choice between those two, and likely would be happy with either.

Had Photosync installed September 2016 and no complaints yet, very happy with it. Got 75 front and 35 all three sides. Only issue is that I might opt for the 45 tint on all three sides if I had a do-over. Visibility at night is pretty good 90% of the time. But making sharp turns in poorly lit parking garages, or winding residential areas I will roll my side windows down so I can see where I'm turning into a bit better.

Spectra seems to be very popular with Tesla and Bimmer owners. While my car is much more modest, (Honda Accord Sport) the extra cost is worth is to me. I've got a two hour commute into the city everyday. If I can be just a little more comfortable (due to the TSER qualities) for the four hours spent in my car, it's a worthwhile investment for me.

Edited just now by ChicagoJack

Archived