Huper Durabilty Vs. Cystalline & PhotoSync’s Superior TSER ?

3M Crystalline honestly looks difference depending on the vehicle.  There is no green in it though.  Here are a few examples below...keep in mind the Mercedes factory glass has a touch of blue which makes it stand out more.

BMW i3 | 40 on Sides/Rear & 70 on Windshield

27938122123_14f52ab420_b.jpg

Mercedes E55 AMG | 40 on Sides/Rear/Windshield

29050817562_c64347a1b0_b.jpg

Tesla S 85D | 40 on Sides/Rear & 70 on Windshield

28266560030_9e25f06c84_b.jpg

Ford F150 | 40 on Sides/Rear & 90 on Windshield

28374542372_edfb1b3435_b.jpg

Mercedes E63 AMG | 40 on Sides/Rear/Windshield

28418426055_3619ecd105_b.jpg

Mini Cooper Countryman | 40 on Sides/Rear & 70 on Windshield

27861336675_5eb0810935_b.jpg

BMW M3 | 40 on Sides/Rear/Windshield

28537747923_dc4e60c0c7_b.jpg

The bottom 3 in this photo is Crystalline on clear glass.

28518309796_1d90ec8275_b.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New guy here f1 tech... Dynamic is excellent tech support, and wouldn't speak ill of a good product, I think I was stripping crystalline other day on an m6? Looked purple/blue to me, but classy/expensive version of that, had a completely different look from inside, brownish/green quality to it, when off the car it had a mystic cobra mustang look, the car mustang that changed color as it drove by, purple to green.... Thought it looked cool,has no chance in hell matching privacy glass could be wrong about all that, but I'm thinking I'm spot on. Also that adhesive was rediculous, felt like I was pullin ppf off glass!

Guest scottj

IMO I wouldn't spend Crystalline money just to do the front doors and windshield.  At that point you are wanting maximum coverage which would mean tinting it all.  If doing the front doors and windshield, I would do a Ceramic film like CTX or similar.

I highly disagree with that logic in my situation.......99% of the time I am driving alone or with only 1 passenger {nobody in rear seats} I want the best heat reduction for ME,the one who paid for the film......so why would I settle for a poorer performing film? The sun is hitting me from the windshield a front door glass,not the rear!

IMO I wouldn't spend Crystalline money just to do the front doors and windshield.  At that point you are wanting maximum coverage which would mean tinting it all.  If doing the front doors and windshield, I would do a Ceramic film like CTX or similar.

I highly disagree with that logic in my situation.......99% of the time I am driving alone or with only 1 passenger {nobody in rear seats} I want the best heat reduction for ME,the one who paid for the film......so why would I settle for a poorer performing film? The sun is hitting me from the windshield a front door glass,not the rear!

because you are not thinking about convection--conduction--and radiant heat transfer,,, From areas other than the glass.  

Just putting the best film possible on such a small amount of glass isn't going to fix your problem.  The rest of the vehicle is going to continue to heat up around you and you will still be uncomfortable.  

So you have to decide if the small performance number difference is worth the money.  :twocents 

IMO I wouldn't spend Crystalline money just to do the front doors and windshield. At that point you are wanting maximum coverage which would mean tinting it all. If doing the front doors and windshield, I would do a Ceramic film like CTX or similar.

because you are not thinking about convection--conduction--and radiant heat transfer,,, From areas other than the glass.

Just putting the best film possible on such a small amount of glass isn't going to fix your problem. The rest of the vehicle is going to continue to heat up around you and you will still be uncomfortable.

So you have to decide if the small performance number difference is worth the money. :twocents

BINGO

:yeah  What is the point of putting one of the highest performing films on only 40% of the vehicle?  Heat is still coming in the rear which will make the vehicle overall hotter and make the A/C unit work harder.  Basically you are choosing not to get the best performance overall for the vehicle, so why get the best performance on just a few windows?  Even with higher performing factory glass, it is not performing at Crystalline's level.  Basically you could of gotten a slightly cheaper Ceramic film that performs and just tinted the whole vehicle which wouldn't be too much more than what you already paid.  With our pricing, full CTX with windshield would only be $69 that the route you took.  This would give you better performing overall result than just Crystalline on the front doors and windshield.

Guest scottj

Maybe I am not explaining my goal well enough,my vehicles AC system has no problem keeping the interior of the vehicle cool,temperature reduction throughout the cabin was not the objective here.....what I wanted to eliminate{and very,very successfully achieved with my installation} was the FEELING of heat coming through the windows from direct sunlight hitting my skin......and from the drivers seat,that would be mainly the windshield and drivers side door glass.The difference after adding crystalline is like night and day.

Average Joe .....I don't believe it...you got more info then my sale guy ever seen...

Hi Midtown Houston,

The only (remote) connection I have to the auto industry is that I do Retouching, and Computer Generated Imagery for print advertising. As an independent contractor to the big Ad Agencies, I've created images for Ferrari, Ford, Alfa Romeo, Jeep, Bosch, Bridgestone/Firestone. Also make your favorite Beer, Bourbon, Vodka and Swimsuit Model look better than it/she is ;)

Long story short, after driving around to 4 tint shops in my area, I came home very confused. All the sales people were saying different things. I'm a little OCD. When I have a major purchase in mind, yet don't know what I'm buying ... I allow that obsessive streak to run free until I understand. These are digits that anybody can find, right from the company websites. One might dispute the validity of the digits, but really no secret information here. It's just that I took the time to hunt for, and compile all these widely available spec sheets. You might notice I've provided direct links.

Thanks!

Archived