L.O.T.P. #471

I need to get my post up since I spend all day on my phone and can't get any work done. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

:lol2 :lol2

I read up on that reply in the other thread. Comedy.

Comedy is a nice word to use. I got a call this morning saying I was online talking smack about the company and that I should stop. I don't think speaking the truth is talking smack but whatever floats one's boat. I think calling a person out on their bs when they're clearly misleading people to come work for them is something that should be done. I stand behind what I said, you won't make anything close to what he is saying when he only wants to give up 15% and uses every excuse and institute to not give you a raise.

"Online talking smack"

You would have to wonder how well your business truly does if you have to make a phone call to tell someone to stop "talk smack" about their "business". As the way I see it, if you're an honest reputable person/company, the words of a single individual upon the internet should make no impact or show any deem to threatening their reputation. With that being said, the fact that phone call had to be made, shows a lot of how a shop can work. I'm sure this hasn't been their first, or last incident like this.

Glad to see you're not putting yourself through that anymore. :beer

Not the first and won't be the last, I had (4) apprentice that quit on me while there was training a fifth when I left

Almost reminds me of some chit head I used to work for in the Tampa Bay area.

I've had two straight forward and honest bosses in the 14 years I've been doing this and he's not on the list. I have nothing personal against the guy but when you deliberately lie in an ad then it's time for someone to call you out on it. I find it funny that "85% of of us tinters on TD are jokes" but one comes to TD looking for those same guys to come work for you. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lack of pay, working over-time, no lunch breaks, expected to be there at 9 and leave whenever the boss decided it was time. Checks bouncing almost every week and getting paid cash throughout the next week to try making good.

Never had a check to bounce, but am owed 3 partial weeks of pay and a week held in the hole pay. The rest of that did happen

Best of luck to you! I can't stand when people screw with my money. I guess some owners just don't realize that it is not just my money or yours, it's everyone else that relies on it to get by! 

I find it funny that "85% of of us tinters on TD are jokes" but one comes to TD looking for those same guys to come work for you. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Who said that? Or is that the general consensus somewhere else?

I've seen similar comments here or there... Had to be on one of the FB groups since I don't visit other forums. But it's not a general consensus rather just the view of the person making the statement. Usually posts are then made to the opposite view supporting the forum.

I just chalk it up to people being people.   :dunno

I find it funny that "85% of of us tinters on TD are jokes" but one comes to TD looking for those same guys to come work for you. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Who said that? Or is that the general consensus somewhere else?
I was told this by this guy every time I brought up Tintdude. If I say I saw a tool tip or trick on Tintdude or even tried striking a convo about it, his response is "85% of the tinters on that site are jokes". He would go into this rant about how he drives a Lamborghini and a viper for a reason and how he's the most expensive on the east coast for a reason. That in conjunction with not being payed properly is what did it for me. If he felt that way about a bunch of professionals whom he never meet, I knew how he felt about me.

Archived