L.O.T.P. #471

Afternoon TM!

What's going on Ocala! I have a tip for you on those new Jettas. The bottom sweeps come out of that car, I've taken them out on every single one I've done and let me just say I'll never do them again with them in. At first glance it doesn't look as though you can remove them but they very well are. I typically use a plastic panel remover to pry the top of the door panel back and a hook tool to grab the sweep in the corner to pull it up and it slides right out. :thumb

I wish it was a jetta, it was a 2015 passat! 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afternoon TM!

What's going on Ocala! I have a tip for you on those new Jettas. The bottom sweeps come out of that car, I've taken them out on every single one I've done and let me just say I'll never do them again with them in. At first glance it doesn't look as though you can remove them but they very well are. I typically use a plastic panel remover to pry the top of the door panel back and a hook tool to grab the sweep in the corner to pull it up and it slides right out. :thumb

I wish it was a jetta, it was a 2015 passat!
Those come out also, same method. e44268e7195cc5c13d63874302e5ae87.jpg I use the panel tool far to the right to pull the top of the panel back

Didn't have any issues tucking the film on the doors, it was the stupid rear deck that kicked my azz around some.

Ahh, I cut the rear just inside the dots a little smaller than exact and it goes right in. I've learned that when you squeegee the bottom the side swiper can sometimes be to thick to go all the way in the corner. I normally squeegee it a palms length to the corner and use the flat end of my red titan to finish it out.

Yeah it is.....

I'm not paying it. 

I lost a ton of files... hopefully nothing super important. All my work stuff is backed up.. but everything else is pretty much gone. Pictures are my main concern... and those aren't backed up.

Yeah it is.....

I'm not paying it.

I lost a ton of files... hopefully nothing super important. All my work stuff is backed up.. but everything else is pretty much gone. Pictures are my main concern... and those aren't backed up.

That sucks man. I had that happen to me once, and I've been using cloud back up for everything since. Good luck on getting it fixed

Archived