Removing scratches and burn blemishes from glass

I came across a thread on here about someone having a burn mark in the glass and asking how to remove it but i couldnt find the post so im starting a new one .. U can buy a compound called serium oxide u can get it on ebay no stores carry it that i know of because its a commercially used product u get a foam pad that u attach to a drill and tape off any nearby plastic or rubber seals the compound could stain these u can just buff with the drill until its gone its an amazing product there are detailed videos on youtube id recomend having this in the shop incase accedently scratching a car it could save money fersure !

Nice bit of info Blackarmor. :thumb

There has been quite a few posts on rub marks (burns as you call it) and scratches, and yes Cerium Oxide powder is what glass polishers use to remove or at least improve these things. Just make it into a paste and polish away, by hand or by polisher. It won't always be entirely successful and can leave a dull flat spot in the glass.

Others also use metal polish, tooth paste, cutting compound, an eraser or 1000-1200 grit wet/dry paper. I have probably missed a few.

Archived