Last One To Post Wins Game #448

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roach-- Check cables first, then start going to the accessories like the alternator(of course) which is probably the issue :?

also,, when doing flat glass, how often do you use 0000steel wool?? 

MikeMn same question--  when doing flat glass, how often do you use 0000steel wool?? 

Thanks

I would say, a few times a month.

I have some with me all of the time, I use it on tempered glass for prep at times and on some of the DA adhesive R&R jobs, also works good on removing silicone residue.

Thanks Mike..  I used it on a job the other night.  Store front with steel frames that needed cleaning well.  It worked great, but I just didn't know if it was the norm for flat glass.  Seeing as how wide razor scrapers and such can usually be used.  :beer 

It's a '99 Ford Ranger... shop said it would be about $300 for the alternator & labor..

If you are mechanically inclined at all,, you can do this repair for about $130-180 bucks.  It's not that hard of an install.  

Remember, the alternator is not a battery charger..  It does "" slowly''' charge the battery,,,BUT,, if the battery is weak or bad it will tear up a new alternator.  Make sure the battery is good, and if it needs charging,, us a charger to bring it back to life  :twocents

If you have access to a volt meter you can also check to see if there is at least 14.3-14.6 volts going to the battery while running to make sure the alternator is charging the way it should.

Archived