cutting the rubber

Guest vital

Cutting rubber?

I new of a tinter who actually cut the rubber off the door panels :hmmm

That's right, he didn't believe in tucking or sliding the film inbetween the glass and rubber. He would rather cut it off. He was a real :ahole

Guest thetintshop

with doors that have an almost straight bottom, just use the factory edge and let it overlap.

but on those fords and such with the windows that dip down in front. you will have to cut with the rubber. I'm assuming you're not cutting ON the rubber, right?

just use the top edge of the rubber as a guide, and cut it that way. you won't hurt anything if you only run your blade out like the picture and hold the knife at a 45 degree angle while you're cutting it.

Tinttek!  Now I can sleep at the office not worrying about tinters with knives on cars.

You don't need to cough up over that kind of money so you can sleep at night not cutting up rubber...**buy one of these machines if you can't keep up to the volume of work coming through your door and you have to hire others**...the above advice will allow you a goods nights rest without breaking the bank :thumb

I should add that I'm not going to say anything negative about the Tint Tek system here, I will however say that all tinters should know how to cut with confidence wether they decide to purchase a cutting machine in the future or not.

We all had to learn how to walk as a baby if we were ever going to learn to run.

How could you have learned how to run if your parents just bought you a mobile scooter as a toddler instead because it was easier..you would derprive yourself of becoming a true tinter .

Long live the olfa ! and the proud tinters that craft so well with it !

OK,OK I'm done :thumb:)

Archived