cutting the rubber

Guest vital

Guest vital

when you do passenger and driver side windows, do you lay the film on the outside and then cut along the bottom rubber to get your two halves of film for each window? I always did this but today a customer complained that his rubber was cut and wanted a refund... I'm thinking of using a scissor to get the half instead now. how does everyone else cut their film near the bottom rubber?

Unfortunately Vital you are done like a dinner on this one.

Cop the replacement cost for the new item but not a full refund.

My technique is totally different to most because I use liner patterns retrieved to make future templates on the bench where I cut the film there.

Devil

Guest vital

I was trained to cut along the rubber area but unfortunately I wasn't trained very well and had to learn a lot of the stuff myself, thanks to this site :lol6

Use the factory edge of the film and line it up with a 1/4" overlap for your bottom...then yourknife won't be needed down there or just "score it wit hyour knife cutind through only the 1 layer of film and finish the cut on a glass hanging on your shop wall :lol6

Guest Eclipse
TintWizard

Posted on Mar 22 2004, 04:42 AM

?

Use the factory edge of the film and line it up with a 1/4" overlap for your bottom...then yourknife won't be needed down there

:)

We do it the same way.

Butt the factory edge up on the bottom rubber cut the sides, roll it down and cut the top edge of the glass. If you do it this way you will get a perfect cut every time and not have to worry about re-cutting your windows due to computer inperfections. :trustme

Archived