Solartint stores?

And a 24/7 online store as well? Yep, it seems everyone is getting the mail out.

Black Hill, Ballarat Vic you mean Dev?

Should be a warehouse and even a house or two there I would imagine. :lol

Really, is there any room in Aus for another distributor? Its not the biggest market in the world.

Like anything, quality will rise to the surface and survive, the rest will fade away.

easy rocky , its not as small as you think..lol

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received a card in the mail today from MaxPro Aus.. Gave them a call to grab some info and samples and the gentleman said that they are a dealer direct setup.. And that product was coming direct from the factory.. And a few other things that didn't make to much sense.

They have built a basic wix website with a simple ecommerce platform to sell film a 1 price. And everyone is free to see it and know what it costs to buy. (My pet hate) On the flip side.. I noticed that they are selling Tint Slime :) I tried to buy some a while back to try out but they told me that it was distributed here by the 44tools distributor and I would need to buy it from them.. :blink

Anyway's... Something wasn't quite adding up with this whole thing so as I do, I connected some dots, read a little source code, did a little homework, and I got to the bottom of it.. And found some very interesting info about the folks behind it here in Aus.. The guy that owns MPWF Australiasia is a sparky from around my parts..

As I am lacking in a full or part time lawyer, I will not be saying anything too in depth on this forum.

Let's just say this my friends.. If you thought the fan was already covered in %&$#.. It is about to get creamed once again soon enough.

2014 has been an insane year.. I just can't understand why supplying window film in this great land is such a complicated thing.. Exclusive rights.. Contracts.. Distributor Agreements.. Dealer direct.. Reboxing.. Buy outs.. Run outs.. Franchises.. :krazy

I think that's were SunTek did so well.. They just cut through the crap and sold film to people that asked for it... Maybe now that "the founders*" of SunTek are running MaxPro, they will just keep it simple?

Here's a prediction.. I am sure we are about to see the biggest window film supplier reshuffle in Australia's history.

And the winners? Lawyers The losers? Everyone except the lawyers..

A new supplier is born... An old supplier dies... Or is it the same supplier just going through a mid life crisis :lol

1 other thing didn't make sense..

I received the card at my old PO Box address.. There was that from another supplier advertising an Olfa SS blade sale..

Funny.. I only ever gave my PO Box address to 1 supplier ? :dunno

I hope somebody isn't giving out my personal information without my consent?

And a 24/7 online store as well? Yep, it seems everyone is getting the mail out.

Black Hill, Ballarat Vic you mean Dev?

Should be a warehouse and even a house or two there I would imagine. :lol

Really, is there any room in Aus for another distributor? Its not the biggest market in the world.

Like anything, quality will rise to the surface and survive, the rest will fade away.

easy rocky , its not as small as you think..lol

Maybe it is?  :chick

From many years ago the story was that....  "CP Films could manufacture in one day the total quantity of film used here in Australia for the whole year"

If that is true, that puts the size of our market into perspective.. :lol

With this new acquisition, does that mean the great discount I received for all Madico products will be not recognised anymore with these new people?

Devil

Hey there Dev..

The only people that can answer that are the peeps at MEP Films.. You are going to need to ask them for a price and availablilty.

I guess this has been the reason for the Madico supply issues over the past 6 months.

I feel bad for you Dev.. You had a product that you were comfortable with.. That can take many years to find.. I have only just found mine after 17 years.

I wish I could say that we are about to see things cool off here in Aus in regards to suppliers, but we haven't even seen the start of what is to come.... I've got my cumfy seat and popcorn.. I'm ready for the show.

I've got my cumfy seat and popcorn.. I'm ready for the show.

Not me. Last thing I need is a bunch of BS emails and client hungry 'never-tinted-a-window-in-my-life' sales reps from no-name companies wasting my time.

The only way this could play out to be a good thing is if they start competing with each other to provide a better quality product for the marketplace. I know some already have and I welcome them with open arms. But for the most part, price-cutting and flea-marketing never does the end consumer any good.

Imagine how many semi-trained half-brained trainees with six months experience are going to jump at the chance to buy $300 60" rolls of darkened cling wrap and flypaper so they can start their own "bizniss" and destroy consumer confidence in our industry.

IMG_677791860184215_zpsflsis9nn.jpeg

Archived