Solartint stores?

Here's another concern of mine in relation to warranties.

Myself (and others) not connected to the agency by contract have a lot of unused stock which was purchased from the old owner in good faith prior to the takeover.

All that stock and pre takeover warranty cards cannot be truly used for that film unless I'm an authorised user now.

It would have been nice to think that at least the "old stock from the old Solartint" should still carry some warranty for any future concerns (unlikely as it is) on that film only but no.

So if I decided to not go with the new people for whatever reason, this unused film has no backup from either entity except my own.

Bit of a dog's breakfast till this all gets sorted out.

The problem lies squarely with the new owners not introducing themselves to existing maddy customers first.

Common courtesy I would have thought which would have set the wheels in motion for a nice transition with a full explanation into the changing of the guard should have been made clear and then everyone would be much happier.

Someone failed the basics of business school and corporate ethics IMHO and a bit more thought into existing loyal customers fell very short of the world mark.

Devil

Do you need to sign an agreement with the new owners Dev?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what the draw cards are first hand.

I reckon a shop with 3-4 blokes could make a differance and make it work.

A sole operator won't IMO.

But.... that's where we as Independants can band together and make the ITN bigger and better than the other.

Banding together and not against each other.

I have 5 dealers within 1-2 km from my 350m2 shop.

I have the experience in running high output shops and what's needed.

I just need the man power.

Where are they?

Same goes for FG.

Amen to that GT.

Where indeed?...

I could easily take on another 3 good installers right now and have the work to keep them busy year round.

It seems that anyone who isn't currently employed, ain't worth employing.

I'm hearing you , I could take on 2 blokes and go and get the work I know is there plus handle what I already have.ive only been in business for 2 years and I am bussy bussy , so you boys that have long established businesses would be snowed under!

Myself (and others) not connected to the agency by contract have a lot of unused stock which was purchased from the old owner in good faith prior to the takeover.

All that stock and pre takeover warranty cards cannot be truly used for that film unless I'm an authorised user now.

It would have been nice to think that at least the "old stock from the old Solartint" should still carry some warranty for any future concerns (unlikely as it is) on that film only but no.

So if I decided to not go with the new people for whatever reason, this unused film has no backup from either entity except my own.

The problem lies squarely with the new owners not introducing themselves to existing maddy customers first.

Common courtesy I would have thought which would have set the wheels in motion for a nice transition with a full explanation into the changing of the guard should have been made clear and then everyone would be much happier.

Someone failed the basics of business school and corporate ethics IMHO and a bit more thought into existing loyal customers fell very short of the world mark.

Devil

I think the problem here for you devil is people in the old network your in knew you, and all respected you. I know because I went to a medico distributor when I asked you about a film I needed. I said you referred me and they were very welcoming and treated me like a friend for it, which I liked.

The new owners probably couldn't care less about you..... Considering the way they treat their original franchise owners I wouldn't be so game to think your gonna be something special when you meet their reps, regardless what they promise you.....

I hear you about the stock, and in a nice world they would have warranty..... Ain't a nice place to be though right?

Good luck my friend

Myself (and others) not connected to the agency by contract have a lot of unused stock which was purchased from the old owner in good faith prior to the takeover.

All that stock and pre takeover warranty cards cannot be truly used for that film unless I'm an authorised user now.

It would have been nice to think that at least the "old stock from the old Solartint" should still carry some warranty for any future concerns (unlikely as it is) on that film only but no.

The problem lies squarely with the new owners not introducing themselves to existing maddy customers first.

Common courtesy I would have thought which would have set the wheels in motion for a nice transition with a full explanation into the changing of the guard should have been made clear and then everyone would be much happier.

Someone failed the basics of business school and corporate ethics IMHO and a bit more thought into existing loyal customers fell very short of the world mark.

Devil

I don't know Dev. I would think you would have to be covered by manny warranty no matter what.

When you buy a business as a going concern, you take on their goodwill , part of that is current customers , as an asset but you also take on liabilities, in this case potential warranty claims which should be backed by Madico in the end anyway.

Hard to see by what you have told us , why this shouldn't be the case. It may be bully boy tactics to make you sign up.

But.... that's where we as Independants can band together and make the ITN bigger and better than the other.

Where are they?

Same goes for FG.

Amen to that GT.

Where indeed?...

I could easily take on another 3 good installers right now and have the work to keep them busy year round.

I'm hearing you , I could take on 2 blokes and go and get the work I know is there plus handle what I already have.ive only been in business for 2 years and I am bussy bussy , so you boys that have long established businesses would be snowed under!

All depends Tikka. Dealers can be very fickle. You are their best friend one day, and that might mean actually for years and years, and then practically overnight you can be discarded ( unless you have been able to get them to sign a contract) and suddenly your business looks very different indeed.

Years of good building can be undone very quickly by having a lot of well paid guys sitting on their behinds every day because of the loss of 1 account.

This is the reality of what you face if building your business around dealers.

Build around yourself and your retail side of things always seems to me to be a surer recipe for success.

Where are they?

Same goes for FG.

Amen to that GT.

Where indeed?...

All depends Tikka. Dealers can be very fickle. You are their best friend one day, and that might mean actually for years and years, and then practically overnight you can be discarded ( unless you have been able to get them to sign a contract) and suddenly your business looks very different indeed.

Years of good building can be undone very quickly by having a lot of well paid guys sitting on their behinds every day because of the loss of 1 account.

Build around yourself and your retail side of things always seems to me to be a surer recipe for success.

i agree with ya mate, but ATM I am just happy I have work and can put food on the table, I am hoping in the next year or so that I can get to a professional level and reputation to go with it and be able to base my business around what ever I want , but like most businesses you have to start at the bottom and deal with the shit.

Where are they?

Same goes for FG.

Amen to that GT.

Where indeed?...

here's 1 for ya mate, ever heard of BARTERCARD?

Long story short you get barter points and use them as money.

A few weeks back a 1 of my competitors went to my main dealer which he used to tint for and offered to tint for the next 2 months for BARTER POINTS , they took him up on the offer as you would lasted 4days now I'm back there full time.

Now I haven't been in business that long but tell me how the f you survive on BARTER POINTS????

A few weeks back a 1 of my competitors went to my main dealer which he used to tint for and offered to tint for the next 2 months for BARTER POINTS , they took him up on the offer as you would lasted 4days now I'm back there full time.

Now I haven't been in business that long but tell me how the f you survive on BARTER POINTS????

You don't survive on Barterpoints.

I believed that was a flawed concept from the start and is now practically unheard of.

Some of my mates in business loved it, I regarded it right up there with pyramid selling and invoice financing schemes.

No thanks.

You don't survive on Barterpoints.

I believed that was a flawed concept from the start and is now practically unheard of.

Some of my mates in business loved it, I regarded it right up there with pyramid selling and invoice financing schemes.

No thanks.

There's a great new Trapazoid scheme just came out and it will make you filthy rich...

Send me $5000 and I will tell you all about it :lol

Archived