Solartint stores?

What is the main draw card and why do the dealerships use them?

In a nutshell..

They give the dealerships the most profit for the least amount of work..

They offer the package..

And those who make their mark as competitors to M1, are usually aquired by them.

I do wonder what would happen if 100 tinters, win 100 dealer contracts?

Will they buy out 100 Tinters? Lets find out shall we? :D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the main draw card and why do the dealerships use them?

They were the ones who taught dealerships to charge the ridiculous amounts that they charge their customers. Now they focus on how much extra profit they can make, instead of product quality etc.

Increasing profit oftens results in a reduction in quality and cutting corners...

https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1013516

I know what the draw cards are first hand.

I reckon a shop with 3-4 blokes could make a differance and make it work.

A sole operator won't IMO.

But.... that's where we as Independants can band together and make the ITN bigger and better than the other.

Banding together and not against each other.

I have 5 dealers within 1-2 km from my 350m2 shop.

I have the experience in running high output shops and what's needed.

I just need the man power.

Where are they?

Same goes for FG.

I know what the draw cards are first hand.

I reckon a shop with 3-4 blokes could make a differance and make it work.

A sole operator won't IMO.

But.... that's where we as Independants can band together and make the ITN bigger and better than the other.

Banding together and not against each other.

I have 5 dealers within 1-2 km from my 350m2 shop.

I have the experience in running high output shops and what's needed.

Where are they?

Same goes for FG.

Amen to that GT.

Where indeed?...

I could easily take on another 3 good installers right now and have the work to keep them busy year round.

It seems that anyone who isn't currently employed, ain't worth employing.

Not just your opinion Mitch.....

Where I am, it would be significantly difficult to get, and considering if I get a dealership that would provide constant work instead of a couple here n there, I would have to be able to service another 5 in that dealer group.....

I used to try, and as someone told me, I now look at that and think what the hell was I doing....

One thing we can all agree on, is although they sold(which I don't think was bad for them) one group in Sydney was doing well with an approach we always talk about and I think they got a model we should learn about.

Is dealer work worth it as a sole operator though?

And the seasoned ones just aren't interested.

I reckon if we could out something down in place, they would be interested though.....

We have the product now, we have the ability, what we have to do is be more appealing in every way than m1.

When you say that, we have to be "better" than m1 in every way, it doesn't seem that hard,

Does it?

Motherfu%$ers

Your mates...
Well, we both started from "humble beginnings" right?

Where are they?

Same goes for FG.

You have a quality focused and experienced car tinter in your very town who wants to work together and would love to take on a dealer contract I believe... You can't do it alone, and he can't do it alone...

Together maybe?

Here's another concern of mine in relation to warranties.

Myself (and others) not connected to the agency by contract have a lot of unused stock which was purchased from the old owner in good faith prior to the takeover.

All that stock and pre takeover warranty cards cannot be truly used for that film unless I'm an authorised user now.

It would have been nice to think that at least the "old stock from the old Solartint" should still carry some warranty for any future concerns (unlikely as it is) on that film only but no.

So if I decided to not go with the new people for whatever reason, this unused film has no backup from either entity except my own.

Bit of a dog's breakfast till this all gets sorted out.

The problem lies squarely with the new owners not introducing themselves to existing maddy customers first.

Common courtesy I would have thought which would have set the wheels in motion for a nice transition with a full explanation into the changing of the guard should have been made clear and then everyone would be much happier.

Someone failed the basics of business school and corporate ethics IMHO and a bit more thought into existing loyal customers fell very short of the world mark.

Devil

Archived