what makes a good tint shop to work at?

ya jt, that is what I am looking for. I want to offer a tinter the opportunity to grow with us, but I understand being a tinter what we are worth. I also know as a business owner, that a lot of ppl don't have the mental ability to own their own shop lol, it will make you crazy if you let it.

To tell you the truth, there are many weeks where I wish I was just a graphic designer or a tinter and got a paycheck every two weeks. But I would assume that is the same in every profession. There are days where my part-timer makes more money than I do lol. I just want to offer what is fair and once we are in our bigger shop (super excited) I will have to have a tinter working 40hrs a week. I already have a few part timers handling the design aspect of some of our offerings and a screen printer that works on the weekends. We are really just missing a good, loyal tinter or tinters :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TintersWife

half way wish there was a tinters union so we would know exactly what we were getting and what was expected of us lol.

I second that!! But how to get one started??.....

I'm a workhorse.

I like to work long and hard, play long and hard. Fish long and hard.

I only worked 3 days in December, but from July thru November, I hit it HARD!

Currently doing it all over again and loving it.

A GOOD tinter will appreciate the ability to perform.

I worked my longest "job" for a company that gave me the reigns ( as well as a company van

and a storage facility by my house) over 6 years. That's a lifetime in tinter years!

You know what to do. Pay a good one enough not to leave and be somewhat liberal (I hate that word)

about side work.

Make what you will of all the "long and hard" references! :lol

edit: Dang punctuation

I'm a workhorse.

I like to work long and hard, play long and hard. Fish long and hard.

I only worked 3 days in December, but from July thru November, I hit it HARD!

Currently doing it all over again and loving it.

A GOOD tinter will appreciate the ability to perform.

I worked my longest "job" for a company that gave me the reigns ( as well as a company van

and a storage facility by my house) over 6 years. That's a lifetime in tinter years!

You know what to do. Pay a good one enough not to leave and be somewhat liberal (I hate that word)

about side work.

Make what you will of all the "long and hard" references! :lol

edit: Dang punctuation

:yeah

I so wish I had AC in my shop it gets unbearably hot in my shop sometimes in the summer and I feel I dont do my best work when im dripping sweat. ive been at the same shop for 4 years now. its a great location and I have my own space to do whatever I please with. I live upstairs so I suppose that is a contributing factor as well.

I was considering moving last summer. One place was offering $3000 plus commission monthly. If that is not a crazy pace then I could see working for that. They said most of the tinters they had working made $5000 most months.

With no expenses I could see that being a great pay. IF not some crazy work load....I can tint pretty fast, but will not work at a killer pace for long times...

Kari, you pretty well know what it would take to "hire" yourself. Just take that into consideration. You need to pay enough that they won't go out on their own and low enough that you can make a profit off of it.....how much profit it your decision....

Archived