what makes a good tint shop to work at?

I have noticed that a lot of you guys here are awesome tinters and good ppl in general, but that a lot of you guys actually work for someone. What makes you happy to be there? Pay, insurance? quality of work? workload? computer cut? type of film? getting left alone in a bay? inside toilets? (hehe)

would you rather have 40 hours salary or get paid commission? I am just curious, we are gearing up to hire a good tinter and an assistant for him/her and I'd love to find some jewels like you all.

half way wish there was a tinters union so we would know exactly what we were getting and what was expected of us lol.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the inside toilet joke is offensive to a Kentucky boy. :evileye

Anyway...

The guys I work for went to school with me, so I have known them for a long time. They let me handle all the decisions on what to offer, charge, etc. I make a base salary + commission and pay my own insurance. They stand behind me 100% and consistently let me know they appreciate the work I do. We all get along and have fun working together. I feel lucky to be where I'm at and they feel lucky to have me which really makes you feel "a part of something". I pay the bills and have what I consider a great life doing what I do, so there isn't much to complain about.

They also have indoor facilities. :lol

It's kinda unique I guess. They only have room for 1 tinter (which I like) and they don't really have the time to handle any parts of the tint side except for doing some scheduling. Plus none of them can tint. :lol

The way we have it set up is there is a base ammount of $$ worth of jobs per day. Any ammount past the base $$ per day is where the com kicks in. I also have vacation & sick/personal days.

I think eddy is missing the question...your asking what would make a tinter want to work at a specific shop,it can also be misunderstood as,what type of enviroment would make a good shop to work in,lighting,dust free,roomy ect....

I dnt understand how a great tinter would work for anyone for a salary when they can just do it on their own..every person I taught has their own business,right eddy? lmao...

Archived