Dog for the shop

I had an English Bulldog when I had my auto shops. He was our greeter. Now the wife has a Japanese Chin in the distribution office. I call her a miniture St Bernard. Currently our rescued Blue Heeler is in the office. We are working on keeping her alive

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know everyone has their opinion of pit bulls, and I have one too. Of my three dogs (all of which are sweet) the pit is the sweetest and the most nanny-like of the group. She is not stranger, child, dog or cat aggressive. She is a great shop dog and greets all customers with her ears turned upside down, her mouth smiling and her tail wagging. She is the only one of the group that has never had medical issues. She is also a rescue. That being said, I judge all dogs on an individual basis and I will not go near any dog that gives off bad "vibes" nor tolerate any dog that bites. We do not allow our dogs to be with children unless we are present, for the child's sake and for the dog's sake and we protect our dogs from chaotic environments. By no means do I recommend pit bulls to every dog owner, but for our family they are a perfect match.

It's illegal to even own a pit bill here in Ontario. If you own one it will be seized no questions asked by authorities . One too many unprovoked stories with bad endings caused the ban.

It's illegal to even own a pit bull here in Ontario. If you own one it will be seized no questions asked by authorities . One too many unprovoked stories with bad endings caused the ban.

We have cities in the US like that too. Its called breed specific legislation. I personally think that the main problem is people who encourage aggressive behavior in dogs. Then there are the statistics as well. If there are a million animals with the power to harm a person you are going to have enough catastrophic events to provide examples for any point. I do not disagree that pit bulls can be very dangerous, I just know too many that have shown a lifetime of tolerance and gentleness. (I have been bitten.... by a pomeranian.)

My sister just got a rescue Pit. He is 14-18 weeks old. He will be raised around 4 kids ranging from 10-17. As of now he has shown no aggression at all and is just a clown. In two classes he has mastered sit, stay,and down. Hopefully he is a good one because he is going to be big

Archived