Plastic Models

TJ is right about the Rustler they are better on pavement.

I strapped my phone to mine with gps speedo app on.

Clocked at 65 mph with a nano 3 cell in it.

Difficult to keep the nose from flipping up and over at anything over that speed.

I got bored going fast and got the Comp Crawler. My 5yr old can play with it inside too.

Worst its gonna do is climb a wall and flip over. But planes are what I really enjoy

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to keep the nose from flipping up and over at anything over that speed.

I got bored going fast and got the Comp Crawler. My 5yr old can play with it inside too.

Worst its gonna do is climb a wall and flip over. But planes are what I really enjoy

Gotta put large holes in the rear of the body to keep it from parachuting at high speed.

I had a 2wd Slash VXL and it would do the same thing with a 3 cell in it. Cut the back out, and was able to drive at full throttle...but couldnt try to steer it...way too unstable. Tires ballooned badly. There is a mod you can do to the tires to prevent ballooning. You could duct tape the foam in the tire, but you have to balance the tire afterwards.

Gotta put large holes in the rear of the body to keep it from parachuting at high speed.

I had a 2wd Slash VXL and it would do the same thing with a 3 cell in it. Cut the back out, and was able to drive at full throttle...but couldnt try to steer it...way too unstable. Tires ballooned badly. There is a mod you can do to the tires to prevent ballooning. You could duct tape the foam in the tire, but you have to balance the tire afterwards.

Yea, we did all the mods like that. Putting foam tires on eliminated the tire issue and no more blowouts either.

Got bored with the Rustlers, we extended one and made a stretched dragster. Worked out well.

Shelved that too and started back in flying the foameys.

Ive got 3 Losi's. 1/18 Short course 2wd, 1/10 Ten SCTE, and 1/8 Eight 2.0E Got very little in the 1/18, about $700-$900 (just this one, Ive had 2 others) in the 1/10, and almost nothing in the 1/8 Buggy. I bought the buggy as it sits for $400 RTR, and should I bought the buggy new with everything I got with the sale, Id be in it for $1200 or so.

Archived