Plastic Models

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to try RC Flight.

Get a CHAMP from Horizon Hobby.

$90 comes with battery, charger and controller.

Slow Easy Flight. I have 4 of them. I put leds on them and fly em at night...

I'm on a low budget (baby and taxes due in April), so if I get anything RC, it's going to be for the dirt, I have a big back yard now, so I'm itching to make a track out there. :cooldot

Disagree with the Rustler. They are 2 wheel drive. If a 2 wheel drive, get the Bandit. They handle much better than the Rustler. Also, for starters, Traxxas is like a sore pen!s, you cant beat it...for STARTERS. I would recommend buying a used Slash 4x4. You can get them RTR for dirt cheap, make sure its a VXL (which I think all the Slash 4x4's are). They handle pretty decent, but are prone to rolling over in a hard corner unless you set the suspension up different than stock.

If you want the truck to be stupid fast, buy 3 cell lipos for it. I buy all my batteries from China @ HobbyKing.com. Take a while to get, but they are very cheap and last just as long as the name brand stuff. I recommend the Zippy or Nano-Tech Lipos.

Im doing the Toys-For-Tots race next Saturday, in which I am also a sponsor. I will post up videos as soon as the are downloaded.

My truck is a Losi SCTE, with very few stock parts left on it.

BTW, the rustler VXL is fun to do wheelies with, but rather worthless off road, IMO. Trying hard not to knock the Rustler, because they are fun to bash around, but nobody takes stadium trucks off road any more. They stick street tires on them, slap 3 cell lipos in them, and do wheelies up and down the street. Heck, you could prob do wheelies with a 2 cell lipo in those trucks.

Archived