Film on Lexan

Guest hermon

Funny. Was just about to post about needing to install film to a polycarbonate. Standard films can bubble due to outgassing from the plastic when you install film on them. Some film manufacturer's now claim some plastics compatible films, but I have never used them.

Can anyone recommend a plastics compatible 20% reflective silver they have used?

The Hanita Xtrazone is your best bet. We have done more than 1,000 sq ft in the last year with this film and it works perfectly in a single application as compared to using Madico Blisterfree (two applications and higher cost)

Hanita is the perfect answer for Polycarbonate/Lexan

Thanks, V4V.

After I posted I remembered that Hanita had a film for this and called them up.

The Hanita Xtrazone is your best bet. We have done more than 1,000 sq ft in the last year with this film and it works perfectly in a single application as compared to using Madico Blisterfree (two applications and higher cost)

Hanita is the perfect answer for Polycarbonate/Lexan

You can tint polycarbonate and acrylic; it's the remove that creates problems in that you may not be able to completely remove adhesive without marring the surface or pulling the clear coat (off some polycarbonates), more especially after long-term sun exposure.

I've come to use an optically pristine paint protection urethane as a base before applying any other type of pressure sensitive film to poly or acrylic. It takes the cost up a notch or two but it works where other films haven't. :thumb

It's not just the removal as a problem. I have done it after warning people and I HAVE had some bubbling.

You can tint polycarbonate and acrylic; it's the remove that creates problems in that you may not be able to completely remove adhesive without marring the surface or pulling the clear coat (off some polycarbonates), more especially after long-term sun exposure.

It's not just the removal as a problem. I have done it after warning people and I HAVE had some bubbling.

Bubbling is why I use PPF as a base to piggy-back a solar control film product; PPF allows out gassing to escape via its adhesive layer without impacting the film's adhesion. :thumb

Archived