Which Film for Shrinking Vette

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last two ive done were in 1 mil rear glass only (fronts in 1.5}. Not Saying that its a solution for everyone but it was a little easier :evileye . Im hoping with a little more practice I wont have to do it that way again.

Small side note. For the first time in eight years I was able to do an older eclipse BG in one piece, large in part to an upgrade in heat guns. I was useing one of the $20.00 dollor walmart wagner ones. That said I cant wait to get my hands on anther vette. :cool

10192011019.jpg10192011022.jpg

Sorry to drag up and old post but just a quick update. The differance in heat gun has made all the differance in the world for me!! No more cheap heat guns. ATC 1.5 mil! :thumb

Sorry to drag up and old post but just a quick update. The differance in heat gun has made all the differance in the world for me!! No more cheap heat guns. ATC 1.5 mil! :thumb

I've done them in ATC and CTX with relative ease, though the CTX did ghost a tiny bit in the bottom corners, it's only visible form the inside at least.

Sorry to drag up and old post but just a quick update. The differance in heat gun has made all the differance in the world for me!! No more cheap heat guns. ATC 1.5 mil! :DD

I've done them in ATC and CTX with relative ease, though the CTX did ghost a tiny bit in the bottom corners, it's only visible form the inside at least.

Well all I can say at this point is I had so many issues with the heat gun I was useing (I didnt even know I had!), I couldnt do a vett in 1.5 mill before. At least not with any confidence that I wouldnt go through a ton of film before I got one I could lay out. Now you have me curious about the CTX! :grouphug

Well all I can say at this point is I had so many issues with the heat gun I was useing (I didnt even know I had!), I couldnt do a vett in 1.5 mill before. At least not with any confidence that I wouldnt go through a ton of film before I got one I could lay out. Now you have me curious about the CTX! :dunno

CTX won't be much different than the ATC, good heat goes a long way because you can run over other areas of the film quickly and get the shrink in the more middle areas to pull some shrinking out of the sides, if that makes sense.

Guest Darknesswithin

So I am thinking maybe I should try another film to try shrinking this 2010 Vette as I have wasted almost half a roll of 3M FXPM. I know some don;t like 3M, thats fine, no comments necessary.

Thinking about trying QDP or Suntek Carbon to help with this window. Any thoughts which may be a better choice?

you should consider using the Carbon CXP instead of the Carbon, both are great but the CXP is a definitely a better film and shrinks a little easier than a lot of films out there. however the QDP shrinks pretty good as well.

Archived