Last to post #117

Roach, I got to see the last night launch sitting on the beach in Cocoa. it was neat to watch and sad that our space program is being scrapped for Muselim outreach

It is sad... I've always been interested in space and such, and watching the launches when I was a kid in school used to be so cool. I think it's kindof a shame that in recent years the 'magic' of it all seems to have faded greatly. While I've never seen one in person, I do try to watch them on tv when they launch and return. Still gives me butterflies in my stomach. :)

I just got a text from my friends... they are in cape Canaveral now waiting. :) I hope for them it goes up... they come home on Sunday... so their window is small.

Hey Blade...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/135_splash/index.html

Link to launch.... getting the go/no-go's now... everyone saying go so far...

Cloudy here in NJ... not sure in FL.. but it doesn't look like it's raining down there...

They got the all-go!! :)

ETA: They did say there was drizzle.... but didn't think it would be a factor.

Back in the 80's there was a movie called SPACE CAMP where a bunch of kids and their teacher were at NASA.... in a shuttle which was launched by mistake....

I used to love that movie.... I can't imagine what it must be like to be in the shuttle going into space....

Back in the 80's there was a movie called SPACE CAMP where a bunch of kids and their teacher were at NASA.... in a shuttle which was launched by mistake....

I used to love that movie.... I can't imagine what it must be like to be in the shuttle going into space....

Did they hit the "launch" button instead of the "lunch" button? :)

Guest filmslayer

that is so cool !!! roach , i'm about an hour from there and its raining like a mofo here ! glad it was nice on the coast ...

Archived