for all the tuckers out there?

Guest naughtydog

Guest naughtydog

I have never tucked and wondered if someone could walk me through the process from start to finish.

How do you establish that the vehicle is suitable for tucking?? and what considerations are there??

Thanks

Naughtydog

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rollin

Install it they way you want to so that you don't get it back with a complaint about it lifting later on down the track.

There is no hard and fast rule in window tinting applications as to how it should be done. It's all personal choice that provides a comfort level you should be confident with.

devil

I don't tuck either, I remove gasket if it's easy, use gasket wizard if it's not, pull panel as last resort. Whatever it takes t odo the job with great quality..I agree with the above..stick with your way..cause the way your is probably the best for you :rollin

the main thing when you tuck a gasket is you have to realize which type you CAN tuck and untuck without messing them up, there are 2 basic types, the soft plyable type like on a camry you can tuck and untuck easily and the HARD type like on a grand am or older crown victoria.

the main thing about tucking gaskets is, you need to UNTUCK them before the vehicle leaves your business, if you dont and just leave them down it can cause problems you dont want. like warping the seal if it doesnt pop back up all the way, the film can get scratched, the window can hang and not be able to be rolled up by the customer.

I use a white teflon hard card to tuck my gaskets, I like that because its stiff and hads a broad surface you can push on. I then untuck with a HOOK TOOL.

alot of cars these days you can pull the top of the panel back and take the gasket out completely and put it back in afterwards, vw bug, grand prix, buick regal, new crown victoria......

alot of cars these days you can pull the top of the panel back and take the gasket out completely and put it back in afterwards, vw bug, grand prix, buick regal, new crown victoria......

I never understood why anyone would want t otuck these cars :rollin

To each thier own :dunno

To post a 'How to' will take time however the basic idea is to

1st clean cut and normal prep

2nd what your doing is installing in two parts top half then bottom half

so you peel the top 2/3rds of the tint and leave leaving the clear liner on the bottom 1/3rd then install as you would with the protected part resting on the door panel then heat the top, roll the window up, and then 'Tuck the Gasket' using a white stick or your hard card

3rd now clean the area that was down in the door by rinsing with your spray and squeeging (carefully) and remove the remaining liner with the rubber tucked you are able to install the tint below the untuck gasket 'line' and after the tint dries (either by using a heat gun or time) and the rubber returns to its normal postion it wont peel

with practice it can be done effectently and clean and this is the way I prefer to do it

Let me get my popcorn and

Let the posts begin

:rollin

Archived