Propane Torch

Guest nautiboi73

Guest nautiboi73

I saw this guyin a tint magazine tinting with a propane torch so me being me, that was enoguth reason for me to buy a new toy, I mean torch. So I was playing withit today and made a pretty good mess of some tint on my rear glass.

I had to see the burning poaint of the tint under the pretty blue flame, so I melted a few spots. I wanted to feel how the tint acted with the flame. to say the least it was fun,

Any tips on how to use flame?

Any tips on how to use flame?

Yep..don't.

Too much heat in concentrated area will be prone to premature film failure.

I've used a 40000BTU space heater B4 ..shrinks a whole window in under a 1 min..but not advisable for the long run

Guest nautiboi73
I've used a 40000BTU space heater B4 ..shrinks a whole window in under a 1 min..but not advisable for the long run

Don't give me ideas :evileye:thumb

But how did u do that :rollin

is that a billet heater?

I had a guy working at a shop that swore up and down that the glass had to be warmed up to tint it soooo he open the rear window of a '92 vette and laid a tarp over it then fired up a space heater (one of those jet engine jobbies) and proceded to melt the entire rear end of the car (the soft flexible plastic that houses the taillights) I mean dripping plastic on the floors :hmmm:lol:lol

needless to say "you're fired"

but it was funny to see

Keep the heater away from the car!!! :hmmm

Guest crazy rabbit

:hmmm I too saw the guy in the trade magizine,I believe his was in the tint off comp.

The caption next to his picture said somthing like(Not Recomended form of Heat Shrinking!) :hmmm

Flames and film together :lol maybe as a graphic. :hmmm

Must have been the same mag rag that printed something about burning felt with a torch or heat gun a few years back. :lol:hmmm

Man learned about fire thousands of years ago in a cave... refreshing to see evidence contradicting the theory of evolution. :lol

Ouch that was harsh... No offense :nope

But give me more info on Heater really.

If you look for the thread "shrunk a back window in 20 sec." thread , yo will see the pic of the heaterI was using and all the talk that went with it..I like playing around with new ideas . It does work , but the short story of it all is I use 2 heatguns strapped together that takes under 3 min. for most back windows( I sent a video clip of it to "3Mguy" so you save 2 min...not enough time vs the consequences was my conclusion..

Archived