Am I asking too much?

Guest Braud Spectrum

Guest Braud Spectrum

Couple weeks ago I got electric locks on my 01 Dodge Ram which came without from the factory. I really only wanted the electric locks but the boy who installed them thought I was getting the short end of the stick so in an effort to be fair to me in my trade with him he was determined to put an alarm on there for me too so I got one of those . :lol It's sooooo nice not to have to reach over there to the other side to unlock the door when I have anyone else with me to get in the truck. :thumb Automatically unlocks both when I hit the unarm button. :evileye I'm keeping my truck locked a whole lot more like I should be 'cause it's so easy now with my little remote thingy. This alarm is a Prestige. I asked him at the time if it were possible to make the green button (the one that normally is for the trunk on a car) work as an unlock button for when I am just sitting there waiting for my daughter to get out of school and the doors are already locked from when they did it as I started my truck. He configured it somehow to work... but it works only when I turn off the truck or I'm just unlocking it from being locked and not armed...like when it's sitting outside the shop where I can see it and haven't set the alarm. But it won't unlock it if the truck is running. I still have to reach over there and unlock that passengers side. My question is... is it possible to rig this thing to do what I want ? Unlock the doors while the engine is running ? Or should I get over it and just keep reaching? :rollin

Guest Braud Spectrum

rolleyes.gif Well poop. Oh well. I'll get over it. I sure have enjoyed having it. :rollin I feel like Miss Smarty Pants when I get out at the grocery store and hit that button. :thumb

Oh ! Speaking of that. THe other day I hit the button and at exactly the same time I heard two chirps of differen sound than mine so I thought to myself...I bet I undid somebody's at the same time as I did mine. Is that possible? :evileye

Guest Braud Spectrum
Now you could add an aftermarket switch in the driver door panel of the vehicle that would send a ground to the green and red door lock wires comeing from the alarm this would lock and unlock the doors from the switch
Hey ! :evileye That's what I need. ! I'll mention it to him and see if he'll fix me up. :rollin

Guest Braud Spectrum

:lol Talked to my sweet lil buddy. He said sure ! :lol

Am I lazy or what ? :lol Seriously. It's a long way to the other side. :hmmm Undo seat belt, lift console, stretch over there and grab the handle without falling on my face. That's easier than trying to catch the lock button in my lurch. I had even thought I might have to borrow my handicapped sisters reach thing that works kinda like giant tongs. :hmmm

Archived