formula 1 tint

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the old reliable no bull llumar atr . Been using it since 1988 and have no come backs and I tint in florida . All these films come out with all the hype that cost twice as much that dont last. I asked a guy who installs formula 1 and he says people complain about the reflection at night all the time. It is a very reflective tint. Llumar warranty covers color change also . I got a visit from 3m this week. They have a new film with no metal says it is the best on the market now. Where have I heard that line before.

Do yourself a favour try the new 3M film before you buy it. It's curly, floppy, shrinks very ordinary & the adhesive has very little shear strength. Been using it for about 12mths and have already done about 20 wty jobs. Does not like cars with tight non felt covered rubbers, the tint slips on the glass and spears up from the side about 3" from the top.

The idea is good a carbon impregnated film looks nice and black and will never fade, but it still needs to stay on the glass.

I use the old reliable no bull llumar atr . Been using it since 1988 and have no come backs and I tint in florida  . All these films come out with all the hype that cost twice as much that dont last. I asked a guy who installs formula 1 and he says people complain about the reflection at night  all the time. It is a very reflective tint. Llumar warranty covers color change also . I got a visit from 3m this week. They have a new film with no metal says it is the best on the market now. Where have I heard that line before.

Florida tinter :thumb -If you believe that having an exclusive line of films of the calibre of the Formula One is nothing more than hype, then it's obviously not for you. Many film dealers base their choice of product lines on cheaper price. We don't. And if you don't see the value, again, it's not for you. When you say "it is a very reflective tint" you sound as though you think Formula One is one film rather than a brand that includes a number of different choices with a range of VLTs and reflectivity (just like the Llumar brand you use).

They have a new film with no metal says it is the best on the market now. Where have I heard that line before.

It's not so new anymore dude. CS is the product name.

I worked for a Formula 1 shop awhile back. The program works well and they do get 50-80 more per car which I think is what we are worth anyway. They also have a territory and very good support from LLumar.

the only reason you get more is because formula 1 controls what you sell it for . Its like buying a lexus there is only 1 or 2 dealers in a city and you cannot sell for less than a certain price or you will loose your franchise.. I did a infinity I 30 which is basically a nissan maxima with leather and options but it cost $10,000 more and you basically buy it at the price they tell you. I am not knocking you for getting more for your cars . Good business is putting a good wrapping on the product , cut down competition with your own product line and a good sales pitch . My llumar dealer will sell to anyone with cash . I admit I am a good installer and give a good product to customers but I am a bad business man. It all about the $ .

Dude they have no idea what you charge at a F1 shop for your work. You buy into the program and thats it you have support and a territory. You can low ball your prices all you want and F1 won't care as long as your buying film from them.

That is the problem all over the industry and the reason why it is hard to get what we are worth. The F1 program is an awesome program.

Have you ever worked for a F1 shop? Ever been to one of their meetings? If not don't knock it until you have tried it.

One thing I can say is that F1 shops don't lowball their prices so I say "thanks" for not making all tinters look like $99 hacks.

HarveyD is a shining example of the FormulaOne program strategy... bring the film industry image up a notch or two... and for those like Harvey... the bar rises even farther.

Believe metint when I say Florida tinters do not muster a lot of respect from the rest of the market. There are but a few stand-outs in the Florida market... and a whole shiiot pot full of wannabes... :passout

Archived