You wouldn't expect this.

I know there is the occasional tinter who reckons I go on about films lasting and being fit for the purpose intended, but here I go again to just prove the point of our climatic conditions you can't possibly bare witness to.

Museum film.... a film any tinter should never have a problem with because there is virtually no absorption or reflectivity with it.

A clear pressure sensitive product used for UV filtration whilst keeping the view unaltered in a far wider nanometer range than usual films.

Not even 4 years old and I get a call today from the client that the film has been bubbling for some time.

North facing glass so winter is the only time it gets any exposure (opposite to you guys) and the film being clear retains no solar heat as you would expect like normal films.

The stuff is dead and if it can do that to clear, imagine why we have so many cars buggered as well?

What the hell are we being served up these days? I'm sick of it.

Devil

Latest is this...it might be what the customer cleaned it with!!!!!!!! Quote from distributor employee who drives a desk and knows zip in the real world of tint.

It's bs I explained. Look at the evidence...sun on glass, typical PS adhesive degradation, not up to job required. Get real!

On inspection at the client's home, a sun exposure line as though drawn by an overhanging eave meant that the top of the protected area within the pane was perfectly Ok but the bottom was bubbled like the worst car job you could imagine.

Shows you how much they know compared to people who fit thousands of feet of this stuff each year.

devil

Solution TC?

Quirky you should ask that because today I ring up to ask where is the film replacement? Has someone hijacked the stage coach or what?

Reply...."Oh we haven't sent it because we don't want to incur the road freight cost to send it overnight from interstate because it will cost us $15 USA. So we are waiting till one of our employees can get to the post office and send it by normal mail because that way it will only cost us $3 USA." We don't know when that will be! :thumb:cry

Reasoning behind all this... the manufacturer will only compensate for film and we don't want to incur unneccessary costs.

If this wasn't so pathetically funny, I'd say we live in tint Cuckoo Land.

The crap we have to put up with. :lol

Devil

The reason I ask is so many use johnson baby shampoo in the water, but not all. I have observed enough over the years to get interested in what happens when you mash a bunch of chemicals together on glass and then set it in the sun for a few years. My favorite was a BMW that had the glass actually soften, but harden when re-exposed to the air by removing the old tint. The glass was roughend to look just like the pattern made by ripped off glue. The dealer sold the car that way, the customer came around later looking for a tintjob.

Guest Readyman

Hey Devil, I was always told that PS adhesives don't hold up well under extreme heat or cold.

A friend of mine who has a shop in Alaska was told by several manufacturers with PS adhesive films that they would not give him any warranty coverage because of the extreme cold temps up there.

Archived