• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fredstinting
So what is a decent policy to use for ppl who set up mulitple appointments and then don't show? We have even suggested strongly that those customers take their business elsewhere...I really don't need the headache and we have other ppl we could give those appointments to. I don't feel bad about sending them elsewhere, I think it is disrespectful for them to no call no show or call 2 hours later and say they aren't coming.

Start taking a small deposit by credit card for the appointments and apply it to the balance of the the job if they show up and if they dont you get $25.00

i started doing this it keeps most of them from not missing there appointments.

ppl who set up mulitple appointments and then don't show? .

This is their way of letting you know your time is not as important as theirs, give them the option of a non refundable deposit for another appointment or tell them they can only make a morning appointment 8am 9am what ever time you open but they will after to leave for the day and you will work it in when you can. it is alot easier to make up for a no show at 9am than it is at 2pm :twocents

I don't give out appointments throughout the day I just guarnatee any car taken in a given day will be done the same day. I do my appointments by days only meaning I open at 8 and schedule all appointments for that day wheter it be 1 appointment or 4-5 and I do them in the order in which they made their appointments. This way most times when I get to work I have all I can do for the day. In the event someone no-shows all appointments get bumped up because they are already there. On days my book is not full I take walk-ins or late appointments on a first come first serve basis. In the busy season it is no matter wheter they show or not the empty slots get filled at least over half the time. No need for deposits. There are only so many cars you can tint in a day so no use waiting on someone to show up and if they show up 2 or 3 hours later and their spot has been filled "Sorry you missed your appointment so your slot has been filled" They can either go somewhere else or reschedule but at least its less frustration.

As far as late pick-ups we close at 5:00 p.m. and if a custy prearranges a later pick up time and I agree to it no problem but my unwritten policy is call and I usually ask what time I can expect them and I will wait till at least 5:30 at which time I will call again and if no one comes by 6:00 I take that as they are not comimg and lock it up inside the shop and they can make arragngements the next business day. :twocents

Guest teamfutaba
after second no-show, i will no longer take an appt. i explain that they can drop the car off at any time they want and if we have time we will get to it. if not, you can drop it on anther day and hopefully we will get to it then.

:twocents this is exactly what we do. nomo appointments. drop it off in the AM and we will call you when it's done.

Schedule them all , Let god sort them out. And Murphy's law says that when you do this , they will all show up and you will be overwhelmed. Another nice idea is to get cards made up , and on the back have something to the extent of : your appointment is reserved for _______ time. We value your patronage , but if for some reason you find you can not make your appointment, please call us 24 hours in advance so our business can use this time productively. Kinda like whats on the back of a lot of doctor's or dentist's cards. This will work for the smart people, not gonna work for the dumbasses. :twocents

Archived