• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
interesting...I like it, not sure how to put it into play tho, not sure how many would come and sign something like that but it is certainly a good policy.

well...if they dont want to come in and sign something like that.....you have sent them packing...without actually telling them that.....right? :gay

When I'm busy enough to warrant it, which we are ramping up to now. I set all the appts. in the morning for the first hour I am open, cars get done first come first serve. That way if someone is a no show and I get a call wanting to get slipped in, I know what I have for the day and am not waiting on appts. If that doesn't work for the customer I will try and do something later, but a lot of times just by their phone call you know if they are coming in or not. Usually though, when you mention how the appts. work, they will make arrangements accordingly. You just have to mention it before they mention time or anything.

Yes, usually we double book for the day with tinting, 1 appt in morning, 1 in afternoon (we do other jobs throughout the day...banners, graphics, signage, etc.) I just find myself annoyed with the no call no show...but we just told this customer that he should get his tint work done somewhere, he is pissed but I have no desire to "work" or "earn" his business anymore. Honestly, he is the first to do this so now the policy changes.

interesting...I like it, not sure how to put it into play tho, not sure how many would come and sign something like that but it is certainly a good policy.

well...if they dont want to come in and sign something like that.....you have sent them packing...without actually telling them that.....right? :gay

exactly...pm inc Slick

thanks for all the posts guys...as we grow into a larger business year to year, we come up to more and more issues with customers...I refuse to make a handbook yet, but it is nice to get feedback and ideas on issues we all end up facing in this industry. I am a no bullshit kinda woman, so I have little to no tolerance for certain ppl, but I do like the idea of having a paper trail for certain situations.

after second no-show, i will no longer take an appt. i explain that they can drop the car off at any time they want and if we have time we will get to it. if not, you can drop it on anther day and hopefully we will get to it then.

after second no-show, i will no longer take an appt. i explain that they can drop the car off at any time they want and if we have time we will get to it. if not, you can drop it on anther day and hopefully we will get to it then.

ya, we are only gonna let ppl miss once from now on.

just to throw out the possibility, if you have some like this you get fed up with send them to me. about 50% of my customers do this so im used to it

the sebring i just did, i asked her, "would you like to start at 9am or 10am?" she says 9

8:50 9:00 9:15 9:30 9:45 9:50 "were almost there" 10:00 they show up and i get to start

2:50pm :evilgrin

"your car is ready to pick up" "ok we'll be there shortly"

3:00 3:15 3:30 4:00 4:30 4:45 "were coming" 5:15 they show up

next weekend, (because i told them it was late and i dont have time to wait all night)

"when do you want to start?" "is 12 ok?" "yep 12 sounds good see you then"

11:45 12:00 12:30 1:00 they show up

im chugging along and still have the brow to do, :money "your car is ready to pick up"

"ok were coming"

i lay out, cut, clean, install the brow, clean all windows, take it out and get pictures, go inside and clean up

they show up.

just to throw out the possibility, if you have some like this you get fed up with send them to me. about 50% of my customers do this so im used to it

the sebring i just did, i asked her, "would you like to start at 9am or 10am?" she says 9

8:50 9:00 9:15 9:30 9:45 9:50 "were almost there" 10:00 they show up and i get to start

2:50pm :evilgrin

"your car is ready to pick up" "ok we'll be there shortly"

3:00 3:15 3:30 4:00 4:30 4:45 "were coming" 5:15 they show up

next weekend, (because i told them it was late and i dont have time to wait all night)

"when do you want to start?" "is 12 ok?" "yep 12 sounds good see you then"

11:45 12:00 12:30 1:00 they show up

im chugging along and still have the brow to do, :money "your car is ready to pick up"

"ok were coming"

i lay out, cut, clean, install the brow, clean all windows, take it out and get pictures, go inside and clean up

they show up.

late pick ups I could care less, late show ups, meh not so big of a deal, no calls no shows...not acceptable more than once

ive got this girl i know from work

she comes to ME. how much blah blah sets a date

no call no show, i was hungover. we set another date. same thing

few months later now shes asking again, how much. ehhhhh thats a lot, how much for just the back window

honestly.

Guest Malcolm E Boo
It can happen to anybody once. Once they do it again, its automatically a 50% non-refundable deposit to hold the next appointment. If they miss their appointment, they forfeit their deposit. Works for me! :D

:thumb

I know loads of people that do this. The customer has to show some commitment to the transaction as well as the business owner.

Archived