So what is a decent policy to use for ppl who set up mulitple appointments and then don't show? We have even suggested strongly that those customers take their business elsewhere...I really don't need the headache and we have other ppl we could give those appointments to. I don't feel bad about sending them elsewhere, I think it is disrespectful for them to no call no show or call 2 hours later and say they aren't coming.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can happen to anybody once. Once they do it again, its automatically a 50% non-refundable deposit to hold the next appointment. If they miss their appointment, they forfeit their deposit. Works for me! :gay

It can happen to anybody once. Once they do it again, its automatically a 50% non-refundable deposit to hold the next appointment. If they miss their appointment, they forfeit their deposit. Works for me! :gay

then you are married to them tho...cuz you have half of the job paid for, how do you handle it when they want another appt after the deposit?

Not tryin to be a smart ass or anything, I really would like to know how to best deal with this...we honestly don't have many who do this, and nvr do it twice.

that is the whole deal with "non-refundable" deposit. if you decide not to show, you do not get that money back. if you want to try again, you are still starting at a zero balance.....PERIOD

then you are married to them tho...cuz you have half of the job paid for, how do you handle it when they want another appt after the deposit?

Not tryin to be a smart ass or anything, I really would like to know how to best deal with this...we honestly don't have many who do this, and nvr do it twice.

Not married at all. It is written on their receipt....if they don't show, they lose their deposit (make sure they sign it). They want another appt....then they need to give me another 50% non-refundable deposit.

When I'm busy enough to warrant it, which we are ramping up to now. I set all the appts. in the morning for the first hour I am open, cars get done first come first serve. That way if someone is a no show and I get a call wanting to get slipped in, I know what I have for the day and am not waiting on appts. If that doesn't work for the customer I will try and do something later, but a lot of times just by their phone call you know if they are coming in or not. Usually though, when you mention how the appts. work, they will make arrangements accordingly. You just have to mention it before they mention time or anything.

Archived