got robbed

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
Its a nasty out of left field surprise but if someone owed me money and I had access to that money legally I'm going to take it. Wouldn't you?

:beer

I hate to say it, but you agreed to it in the ToS that noone ever reads. As larry said, if you default/don't pay one loan, they can legally take other money to pay it back if its under you name. Otherwise you can just keep all your money in your business account, write yourself checks and cash them at a check cashing place leaving your other account with a negative balance. That doesn't work very good for the bank.

This is one reason I have a multi-account system set up. I have a generic every day deposit account, a CC account(where all CC payments go and are then transfered, that way during chargebacks they can't automatically take the money), a business savings account, and a business "every day" checking account. These are in addition to my personal accounts.

I mean this in the best way possible, but pay your bills, and budget, and you won't have this problem.

I learned the hard way to Guardian. My best advice to you and everyone else is this.......only one account at a bank. I now bank with chase, centier, and the local credit union. Business at chase, personal at centier, and mine and my wifes at the credit union.

Good luck and their is not crap you can do but close the accounts and re-open around town.

I had a cascade of overdraft fees causing overdraft fees to the tune of 1k. I have 1 account linked to my CC terminal where the deposits go in, I then transfer then to my business account online. I transfer some cash, didnt go through, so I transfered a smaller amount, didnt think about it until 5 days later I logged in and checked my account and had 1000 in overdraft fees. How this works: Both transfers went through and threw me negative, so at the end of the day I was assessed an overdraft fee, the next day at the end of the day, the account pulled from another account to bring it back to 0, this didnt post until the following day, assessed 2 charges, then the next day my balance was still negative as the first fee was paid, but not the second....this went from 1 fee to 23 fees in 4 days. I called the bank and told them they were wrong, and they ended up refunding the whole amount. I was pissed, but at least it got resolved without bitch smackin' a banker.

Guest scottydosnntkno
and I have banked at the same place for 15 years, my entire fam has accounts there as well...so I didn't think they would play dirty but my biz account there is getting closed asap.

Its not "playing dirty". As has been already explained, if your name is on both accounts, to the bank, they're both your accounts (which they are) so they are going to transfer funds to pay unpaid balances/accounts/loans.

Check out your terms of service for the account, pretty sure its going to be in there

Archived