Keeping ofla blades sharp

This is my first attempt at tip o' the week so go easy

I have found that olfa blades tend to get dull and not be worth a crap by the time you get to the last 5 or 10 in the pack. It would be nice if there was a way to keep them "Sharp to the last blade". I have been adding a few (10-20) drops of mineral oil or baby oil in the plastic holder. It keeps the air off of the blades and the do not oxidize.

Try it it does work

If you have a shop try filling the yellow plastic container 1/2 full and HOT GLUE it to something. If you are moblie use a little less so you dont have a mess in your box.

GO CAROLINA

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TINTFXold

I guess I'm what you'd call a heavy clicker. I am constantly taking the edge off. maybe I just go throught them more quickly because of that. I use about 1 full blade per car. I figure I get the sharpest blade that way.

thats a good tip, but I cant remember having a stainless steel blade oxidize on me

same here FX..it's a sign that either your busy or you snap your blade often enough...after all..at a cost of about 3 cents a snap...who cares about "stretching the last little bit out of a blade. ( I noticed my 50pk already has an oil added to it already) :evileye

Guest thetintshop
I guess I'm what you'd call a heavy clicker.  I am constantly taking the edge off.  maybe I just go throught them more quickly because of that.  I use about 1 full blade per car.  I figure I get the sharpest blade that way.

:lol6 I snap after a coupe cuts. which means I go through AT LEAST a full blade on a 4 door car, sometimes two. $16.00 for a pack of 50. :lol6 just doesn't register as an "expensive" item to me.

now $2500 for a new back glass that I scratched, that's an expensive item.

Archived